Ruth Watson's Hotel Rescue

SalonGeek

Help Support SalonGeek:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

tog

Reaction score
Did anyone see the Hotel Blackpool featured on tonight's episode? Two brothers had taken the hotel over and one wanted to turn it from a bog standard Blackpool guest house into a four star hotel by creating a 'treatment room'. Why? Because he had come from working on a cruise ship . . . . hmmmm . . . . he reckoned that the treatment room would make them loads of money to enable them to carry out improvements throughout the rest of the hotel (which looked pretty grim and a bit grubby).

The craziest scene was at the official opening when he was singing the praises of the treatments to be offered in his newly renovated room(including hot stones, teeth whitening and dermabrasion amongst others) . He said the dermabrasion machine would 'draw blood' or something like that, as if that would encourage ANYONE to want to try it!! people looked visibly startled!

I couldn't understand how someone with experience of a cruise ship spa would want to run a hotel in Blackpool, what exactly was the connection between the two things? maybe someone can enlighten me, the guy seemed to be living in a dream world.

Just wondered what anyone else made of it all?
Or have any of you got a job as a therapist there?!!

Last edited:
I think too many people see our industry as easy money and the road to riches. Most find out pretty quickly that it's really not that easy.
Plus the machine companies give wildly optomistic predictions for how much money thier machines will make you. If you're not clued up, it's easy to get taken in.

Latest posts

Back