Ryanair

SalonGeek

Help Support SalonGeek:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

natsel

Reaction score
Hi everyone,

Have booked a holiday to go to benidorm next month cant wait for a weeks relaxation :green:

Anyway got a really good deal and we are flying with ryanair, booked the flights hotel and transfers all seperately the flights worked out to be 36.50 each (return).

Im not the greatest fan of flying but has anyone else flown with these before Ive not read great reviews about them, dont get me wrong not complaining good price and it only 2 hours so has long as the plane has two wings and can get me there im a happy bunny :lol:

So have any of you lovely geeks flown with ryanair before, good or bad I can take it :)

thanks x

The last time I flew with them was 2003; to be honest I have never had a problem with them personally; they're cheap and cheerful (as you'd expect) - I think they've become "sneakier" since then with their charges though.

One reason I won't be flying with them again though is the hassle with flying with them if you're disabled; it would be an absolute nightmare with Sonia and her wheelchair.

Yes i have and so do friends of mine who have a villa in Spain and fly about every 6 weeks or so and have for the last 3 years.They have to use ryanair to go to Jerez as the other budget airlines dont fly there from our local airport.
Neither of us have ever had any problems at all but im sure as with all airlines you will find someone who has.

the staff on the planes r lovely.....but the check in ones i never seem to get lucky with could just be my luck though lol
are u taking check in bags? did u pay for the bags? only ask cos they made me pay loads at the air port one time and another time on the way back one bag was like 5lbs over the alounce the other bag was 4lbs under they made me try to re pack my bags in middle of buisy check in line with my 3 little ones running about trying to balance the bags (wasnt over weight just more in one bag than the other then i had to keep going back to weigh them! in the end i was sooo annoyed i payed 20 something in baggage fees just to get it over with ! so evaer pack light or take scales with u or something lol

my hubby is in the millitry over seas so we fly ALOT ... i used to fly with them quite offten but after that i wont agen.

Last edited:
I flew with Ryanair on 1st July and it was fine...no surprises, no problems...on time...nice staff...infact we have just booked flights to go back to Spain in oct.....its cost £1 per person....no taxes...just £1 each way......so for us thats a family of 5 to Spain and back for £10 !!!

whats the weather like in Spain mid oct....?

According to the Money Saving Expert site, www.moneysavingexpert.com you can save shed loads on Ryanair by paying with a Visa Electron card. Make sure it's an Electron, and not a bog standard Visa debit or credit card though. Apparently you can get pre-paid Electron cards from certain providers, so they aren't so hard to come by as you might think...

Seems a good idea - instead of paying like £10 extra per person per return flight for the fee they charge for a bog standard Visa card...

I payed 5 pound each way for the flight and £10 each way for 1 case and 6 pounds prioty boarding, paid with an electron card is was free to do that but I think if you pay with a debit or credit card they charge you £10 per person like ruth said.

I believe you can take 15 kilos but any weight over they charge you £15 a kilo extra ..

Bagpuss I'm not sure what the weather is like in october I went in september last year and the weather was lovely both in the day and night about late 20's hit 33 one of the days I was there and in the evening you could just go out in a t shirt and it was fine .

Friends of mine went in november last year and said it was still quite warm in the day but did go cold in the night .

Latest posts

Back