Sacked by text!

SalonGeek

Help Support SalonGeek:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

xlolax

Reaction score
Hi everyone,
As the title says.
I had a reaction to a treatment on Friday from a student at a college.
I kindly messaged the salon owner about this and had evidence for her from first aid at the college. 5 minutes later a txt comes through, saying; you're not good for my business I'm terminating your employment.

Can she do this?!

Also I still haven't been paid and it's been 6 weeks!!!

Lauren xx

Hi everyone,
As the title says.
I had a reaction to a treatment on Friday from a student at a college.
I kindly messaged the salon owner about this and had evidence for her from first aid at the college. 5 minutes later a txt comes through, saying; you're not good for my business I'm terminating your employment.

Can she do this?!

Also I still haven't been paid and it's been 6 weeks!!!

Lauren xx

Please explain further i.e your employment relation. Are you a lecturer, helper e.t.c but from what I can see it is ILLEGAL. First ask for written confirmation on why you were sacked.Then file a tribunal claim via ACAS as you are unemployed it should be free atm.

She has not appeared to have used ACAS methods in the sacking also. If she does not pay/respond accordingly then got to tribunal.

Take her to tribunal as after 6 weeks she owes you pay and if she is trying not to pay up then she has legally paid you under minimum wage.A SERIOUS offence, she also owes holiday pay accrued.By not following ACAS rules you maybe eligible for 25% extra on ANY employment claim against her.

Not good at all she totally cannot do that ask her for your resignation in a letter but she might not do it

Jees that was harsh! And think also illegal! Silly wench! Get proper advoce on this and get started on tribunal as there may well be a time limit. God some employers are really xxxx thick!

Last edited by a moderator:
Thankyou ladies.
I received a voicemail from her today asking me to phone regarding the txt message she sent.
Maybe she's been advised she has to do a verbal termination of employment.

Thankyou BettyBaa about the holiday leave. I was a Beauty Therapist .

Don't delete the text. You might need it as evidence in the future.

I dont quite understand, are you saying you were out sick because of a reaction and your boss sacked you because of It? If so keep all texts etc and sue her for all she's worth. B*****, she definitely cannot do that.

Have you been to citizens advice?

It seems really odd and she might have been looking for an excuse to sack you? Perhaps because she can not afford to keep you on hence why she hasn't played you but you can demand the 6 weeks pay and if she won't pay you tell her you will go to your solicitors and take legal action against her for your 6 weeks pay

I hope this helps and hope everything gets sorted for you xx

Emma - Her reason for her sacking me was 'I don't think you're good enough for my business' that came out of no-where!

Thankyou Kerryanne, I'll give them a call. I'm still waiting for the termination letter she has apparently sent out to me.

If you've been employed for less than two years, she can actually 'let you go' for any reason she likes, as long as it's not a discriminatory reason (race, sex, sexuality etc).

She does need to give you notice though, I think one week if you've been there less than six months but not 100% so check that out. She also needs to pay you for all hour worked and that notice period and for any holiday you may have accrued since you started there.

I'm not sure exactly how she needs to tell you that you've been let go, I wouldn't think a text is acceptable which is probably why she's called you to discuss.

If I'm thinking in terms of the reaction to the treatment, you're employed by the manager, so was it the salon's product range that you were using on this client? If a client has a reaction, it's usually the ingredients in a product.
As for the sacking, my friend was renting a room and was told by the owner that he wanted her out that day, no notice given. She successfully sued him. Good luck.

Can you explain this a bit better please? Were you off work or something? didnt really understand that.. maybe its baby brain! lol x

I'm not quite understanding the question, so it's hard to give an answer.
Is it that you have been in this employment for 6 weeks (as yet unpaid), and on Friday you text your employer to say you were unable to come into work due to illness?

My employer sacked me without a reason. And I haven't been paid at all during the 6 weeks!
However today I have received an email with the so called letter she was supposed to have sent out Saturday but now says Monday. In which I have still not received!
In this letter she has not only charged me for the clients I have apparently incorrectly treated but blamed my 'child care' for one of the reasons for sacking me! Considering she asked me to come into work 2 hours earlier than normal!

Argh!!!!

Latest posts

Back