safety when mobile?

SalonGeek

Help Support SalonGeek:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

helenlovesnails

Reaction score
Hi everyone,

just wanted to know what steps people took when going to a brand new clients house. letting someone know where u r etc?

your thoughts would be helpful!

I use a PDA as my diary which copies to the home computer, and I always carry my mobiles. In the evening I tend to mention to my husband where I'm going but during the day there isn't anyone to tell, lol!!!

I'm one of life's trusting types, but I also trust my own instincts more and so far that's worked for me!

hth's

I make sure I speak to the person on the phone when they book an appointment, I never go on text appointments I always call them back.

Also I make sure that I tell someone where I am going, either my parents or a neighbour, and if i'm not back within X time can they ring me.

Hi Helen,

This is one of the things that bothers me as I am also starting out. The best advice I have been given is just always make sure someone knows where you are, even if it is a last minute appointment make sure you send a quick text to your partner, parents etc. Just keep people close informed. xx

i agree i'm not mobile i'm homebased my hubby works from home and always within shouting distance if i deal with a new client ,but i would definately let people know where i am and to call in an hour to check everything is ok ..never text with a client always speak to them..if unsure and uneasy for the first time have someone sit in the car and wait while your doing treatments that way you have piece of mind and you feel safe...i like the idea of the pda phone system connected to pc maybe have a look at that bit pricey but a good piece of equipment worth investing in.

I also use a PDA. It's the best thing i ever did.:)

You can keep 2 appointment books, one for you and one to be left at home so your partner or parents or friends can tell at a glance where you are and will know when to expect you home,
then god forbid if anything should happen there is something written down to prove where you are or should be,
martial arts classes could come in useful too :hug:

This is something I've thought long and hard about. My plan is to each morning give my boyfriend a copy of my appointments for the day, and to text him when I leave an appointment. If I haven't texted him within, say 1 hour of the expected finish time, he'll know there's something wrong.

Does that sound workable to you? I get 300 free texts per month so I don't think it'd cost too much. Just an idea:hug:

Latest posts

Back