Sally Hansen, Hard as wraps.

SalonGeek

Help Support SalonGeek:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

Pickle

Reaction score
Hi all, long time no geek....missed y'all!

Now, I just happened to notice (in Sainsburys) a poduct called "Hard as Wraps" by Sally Hansen. I picked it up to have a nose and it says it's acrylic gel and all you need is one coat and you will have strong long nails.......well what do you think geeks, load of cr*p or should we look for another profession?!

Hi all, long time no geek....missed y'all!

Now, I just happened to notice (in Sainsburys) a poduct called "Hard as Wraps" by Sally Hansen. I picked it up to have a nose and it says it's acrylic gel and all you need is one coat and you will have strong long nails.......well what do you think geeks, load of cr*p or should we look for another profession?!
This product can make the nails so hard that they actually become brittle,I say dont let it bother you you are safe in your job hun.

We have lots of clients who have used this then wonder why their nails are breaking.HTH

This product can make the nails so hard that they actually become brittle,I say dont let it bother you you are safe in your job hun.

We have lots of clients who have used this then wonder why their nails are breaking.HTH

WHats in it that a) makes the nails so hard and b) why do they become so brittle?
thanks xx

WHats in it that a) makes the nails so hard and b) why do they become so brittle?
thanks xx
This product actually states that it contains acrylic,who knows what else is in there.I would imagine it would be quite drying to the nail and so leading to them becoming brittle.

We want natural nails to be strong,not so brittle that they snap.

thanks xx

it contains formaldehyde
this can cause nails to become brittle with prolonged use ,
formaldehyde doesnt acually strenghten the nail , over use though can dehydrate the nail , which is what causes the brittleness
also splitting and flaking

also some nail hardeners on the market contain more than 3% of formaldehyde
a concentration of any more that 1 % will cause the nail plate to stiffen

,most enamels have a concentration of 0.0015 %
that is
15, ten thousandths of 1 percent , at this level there will be no problems unless there is an allergy (had to look that last bit up lol)

Latest posts

Back