Sallys express courses, any one who's done these courses where they worth while?

SalonGeek

Help Support SalonGeek:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

GeekyBeauty

Reaction score
hello,
i was wonderinf if any of the following sallys express courses are worth while doing? (i am only doing beauty therapy, so nothing to do with hairdressing please)!:D

Salon Services Training Prospectus 2011

thankyou, i am wondering because i am a student and do not want to waste any money:) i am very intrested in the minx nails course xxx cheers xxx

Stick with the creative courses you can't go wrong :)

unfortunitly, i live in weymouth & the nearest academy is in bournemouth & they are not running any minx courses. unless i am just looking at the website wrong & you'd like to have a look..
Education
thankyou

Hiya

In my personal opinion no!! I trained with salon services for lash extensions, gel/acrylic/fibreglass nails and i also did nail art.. I converted to bio sculpture gel and lash perfect eyelash extensions and am looking into converting to cnd liquid and powder.. For me the products are just waayyy to basic now, they are fine for begginers and im sure some people get on with them and im not saying theres anything wrong with them either i just felt it didnt work for me.. Basic training and basic products in my personal opinion im sure others will feel differently :) But the trainers are absolutely lovely and will help if you need it.. :) and the courses will give you a basic knowledge of everything!!!!

Also im fairly sure they dont do a minx course it will be trendys and they are very different.. Cnd do the minx courses so maybe speak to them if its minx you wanted to do :)

Hope thats a bit of help.. Only my opinion of course and good luck with whatever courses you decide to do.. :)

unfortunitly, i live in weymouth & the nearest academy is in bournemouth & they are not running any minx courses. unless i am just looking at the website wrong & you'd like to have a look..
Education
thankyou

Hi Hun I'm in the same boat we are in blandford so closest to us is Poole and Bournemouth college I am a level 2 hairdresser and intend on doing my level 3 next year but until then I wanted to get some beauty courses done ie. Minx, eyelash extensions, waxing etc. The only other one I've found is creative academy but they are really expensive although it's apparently top class hope this helps, I however am still looking for the best slightly cheaper option as I have a family so pennies are scarce at the moment lol xx

No way! Stick with brands in house training or proper colleges. I ended up having to confirm what the nail tech tutor was training as she knew I had grown up in my Mum's salon for the best part of 20 years and knew more than the other pupils. Not professional at all and was in the conservatory of a Bannatyne's gym with no proper equipment.

Hey just out of curiosity urban spa are you in Richmond?? I'm totally just being nosey I've just moved away from catterick and worked in a salon round from urban spa, one of my friends works in it :)

I did a weeks nail course with salon services and it was a waste of money - I am currently re-training with another course and concentrated on gels. I just found it a little rushed with basic products - the reason I even figured this out is after joining this forum - salongeek has taught me far more than the salon services training did! If I could start from the beginning again (with out wasting the money I did early on) I'd do what it looks like you are doing and research on here before jumping in on somewhere just because it's cheek or close to where you live x

*cheek* not cheek

Omg! I mean cheap!!! Poxy phone!

Thankyou for all your help, yes that is what i am doing trying to gather more information from processional and experienced beauty therapists before i jump straight in with my money!! Lol, all your help has been fab though girlies xx

Hey just out of curiosity urban spa are you in Richmond?? I'm totally just being nosey I've just moved away from catterick and worked in a salon round from urban spa, one of my friends works in it :)

Yes that's me! Did the army take you away from the area?

I have no experience of their nail courses, but I have to say I was pleasantly impressed with the recent lash lift and tinting course I did with Salon Services. I had heard some not good things, but the trainer was excellent and the information was very detailed and up to date.

Good luck

xx

Latest posts

Back