Salon Advance software help

SalonGeek

Help Support SalonGeek:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

slade

Reaction score
Purchased salon advance a while ago and just about to put it into my salon. Does anybody else here use it and what do they think. It seems like it does not do what I need it to do. Some examples.

Does not work that well with my touchscreen

Cant change the receipt text. It says at the bottom of the receipt 'Thank you for coming!' I want to remove this and put in my website. It wont let me

Wont let me use my external till display

Wont let me print or view retail sales so i can work out staff commission on retail sold.

Wont work with loyalty cards

There are loads more but i thought this was a good start.

I would be interested how any other salon cashes up at the end of the day.

Thanks

Neil

Hi

Sorry to say that I sadly put their system in my salon, found them to be rude and totally unprofessional and would never ever use them again.

I now have Salon Genius in the salon and it does everything that I need it to do.

It was a very expensive mistake.

Wish you luck.

There has been a lot of discussion on Salon Software Systems - see other threads.

Having looked around and did some research, we found the best for our salon was Essentials from DWB Solutions. Support for me was a big issue not being very computer minded, they have been great, the software is very good with lots of features that we need for a busy salon, it's also very easy to use and the support has been great, I have unlimited phone support and training, I would say it’s been worth every penny, we have had the system nearly 2 years and I would recommend them to anyone. Spa Software and Salon Software for the management of Spa's, Day Spa's, Hotel Spa's Beauty Salon's and Clinics from DWB Solutions Ltd or phone 01626 830455

All I would say to anyone is have a look around, do some research, have a demo of 3 or 4 software systems before you buy.

EmzLou

Hi, im sorry your having trouble with your system have you contacted the company directly to see if they can make any alterations to tailor the system more to your needs? Most companies will take on board any client problems and try and over come them in their next release. It may be a good idea to trial a few more softwares to see if they have the missing features you are after, this will enable you to confirm whether it would be a good idea for you to switch providers.

Emzlou...you do know theres a “find all posts” button on here don’t you? I find it odd that you mention the same software solution on 99.9% of your posts. If you're going to offer partial advice then please be a little more obvious about it.

I, like some others on here, have had similar problems. I was also told by them though that there weren't other people being negative about them online and it was me...

I knew exactly what I was buying. I could write an essay on my dealings with Salon Advance - including the phone call that suggested that I remove my forum posts on this forum. In the end I cut my losses and disposed of the systems (yes, I had two!) and bought iSalon.

I know it's not helpful, but I'd put it down to painful experience. After the initial feelings of stupidity and naivety on my part, I never looked back. Best business decision I made this year.

Last edited:
I mention the same software on my posts because that is the one I went with for my salon.
When I was looking at software, I looked around, I also had some demos and went with this one as it had every thing that I wanted and the people I dealt with were nice and friendly and the whole set up felt right for me.
I’m only giving my opinion and I only give partial advice (as you say)
(a) because there is too many things / features to mention.
(b) I don’t want to influence anyone ( like some on here do )
I’m only saying what was important to me when considering my software.
And yes I know there’s a “find all posts” button on here. I have been a member for over 2 years.

No worries- I was feeling rather sarky when I posted. I can see you've been a member for two years also, but I also see you've pretty much posted the same exact reply give or take a phrase or two, for two years also.

Just an observation, all the best :)

Maybe if other salon owners (like me ) told people on here what software they use and
what made them buy it i.e. like features they need or want (everyone’s got different things that they want from a system) or who good (or bad ) is the after sales support, then maybe people won’t be making expensive mistakes, as they can contact the companys and see if it's for them.

I agree entirely, but I was just curious as to why the vast majority of your posts on here were only about Salon Software (as opposed to the hair, nails and beauty salon you run) and seemed to be the same control + C reply.

If thats what floats your boat...fair enough.

Sorry, don't know what control + C is!!, I just use the quick reply button and type
and I have posted other things, but only when I have something to say, I don't use this very much (too busy)

I have just googled this and ended up on Salon Geek, which I am new to. I have just got Salon Advance at Christmas and it is brilliant, I had a look at the Australian one (the man from there was so cocky and made me feel thick) and a couple of others but couldn't afford them, I am working around school hours and a family and they were the price of a small car, most of them. I have it on a laptop rather than a big computer and although I'm a fairly new business, I really like it. It makes me feel organized and being alone, I think it makes me look more organized too. I am mainly doing lashes and it works really well for me, the staff are lovely too, when I ring up sounding so computer illiterate!!

I hope I have done this right, sorry in advance if I haven't!!

xxx

I have to jump in and say that I also use Salon Advance. I've had it in the salon for over a year now and love it. We've had a few glitches, but when I first started out using it I wrote a wish list of things that weren't available. Hey presto - a lot of them were included in the second release and I love it. They are a small software house and I've worked in a software house before so I know the work that goes into these packages and appreciate the fact that they listen to their customers and take on board what they say. I for one love the system! :)

Well you should try Unisalons.
Affordable and easy.:Kissing:

Ive just peeked on the salonium website and it seems very affordable. Am I correct in thinking that if you are a small salon and will not need to utilise alot of the features you can remain with the totally free option ? if thats so im immpressed for once someone takes small salons into consideration :)

You may not always stay small though! Better to get a software that grows with you and not one where you may have to keep paying out for new versions etc. if things change ie. extra staff, new product range, new treatments.

Ive just peeked on the salonium website and it seems very affordable. Am I correct in thinking that if you are a small salon and will not need to utilise alot of the features you can remain with the totally free option ? if thats so im immpressed for once someone takes small salons into consideration :)

I think you can upgrade though and there is free assistance, how can anyone loose with this, no contract or anything, just pay monthly, and even the premium package doesnt break the bank, im impressed too :biggrin:

I have just googled this and ended up on Salon Geek, which I am new to. I have just got Salon Advance at Christmas and it is brilliant, I had a look at the Australian one (the man from there was so cocky and made me feel thick) and a couple of others but couldn't afford them, I am working around school hours and a family and they were the price of a small car, most of them. I have it on a laptop rather than a big computer and although I'm a fairly new business, I really like it. It makes me feel organized and being alone, I think it makes me look more organized too. I am mainly doing lashes and it works really well for me, the staff are lovely too, when I ring up sounding so computer illiterate!!

I hope I have done this right, sorry in advance if I haven't!!

xxx

Hi Glammapuss,
Thank you for your lovely comment. We're glad you are pleased with the software and that it's working for you as a business and making your life easier to organise (that was the idea!). Your feedback is very important to us and you are always welcome to call us at the office regardless of the issue :) Thank you and hopefully we'll be hearing from you soon.
Take Care,
Salon Advance Team

I have to jump in and say that I also use Salon Advance. I've had it in the salon for over a year now and love it. We've had a few glitches, but when I first started out using it I wrote a wish list of things that weren't available. Hey presto - a lot of them were included in the second release and I love it. They are a small software house and I've worked in a software house before so I know the work that goes into these packages and appreciate the fact that they listen to their customers and take on board what they say. I for one love the system! :)

Hi Emma,

Thanks again for your lovely comment, it means a lot to us to hear from our clients that they are pleased with the software. Our Senior Developer was beaming ear to ear when he read this!
We have an upgrade due very soon and we hope you'll be just as pleased with this one. Of course, if there are any features you would like to see in the future, do let us know (phone or email us) and I will pass your wishlist on.
Many thanks and hopefully speak soon!
Salon Advance Team

Purchased salon advance a while ago and just about to put it into my salon. Does anybody else here use it and what do they think. It seems like it does not do what I need it to do. Some examples.

<skipped>

Thanks

Neil

Hello Neil,

please take a look at Salonium - it's really easy to use. Our customers can start working in less than an hour and there is no training required, software is build with extreme simplicity in mind.

In addition to your requirements with web based Salonium you can attract more customers with built-in online appointment booking and help them to show up on time with automatic text reminders. Appointment invitations feature helps to bring customers into salon more often that before - this translates into additional revenue for you as well.

You can start with Salonium right away - just signup for a Free 30-day Trial at Beauty Salon Management Software - Salonium. There is no payment or commitment required.

All the best!
Martin

Last edited by a moderator:

Latest posts

Back