Salon and Home Salon

SalonGeek

Help Support SalonGeek:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

x_pen_x

Reaction score
Gonna be a long one sorry hehe, one of those days .... I have a home salon that ive been working in since oct, few clients that i've kept since the last place I worked in closed in april, not tons, but the plan was always to try and get into a salon and build up my client base anyways, so because of this I havent really pushed advertising it.

Managed to get into a salon end of oct but I had to do some training in their particular nail system. Not a problem but took a little while to get some practise in as i couldnt find any models (everyone I know has nails or doesnt want them) Since the beginning the salon has known I have had some other clients that I still have to see but ive been good at booking them the day the salon is closed or a lot on the same day (at this point I have no set days in the salon)

As its been getting busier up to xmas and im away for the 1st 2 weeks of jan my clients all want to get in this week (im also working the bank holidays) 1 half of the people that own the salon said this would be fine, just make sure I book out in their diary when im not in. As I also live 5mins car ride away from the salon they also said if they got a walk in they would call me an get me to come down. No problems there, running along fine.

Did my first paid set in there this morning, all good, client happy then the other half of the owners pulls me aside for a chat. Basically says its not working. I asked why, she said I hadnt been into work every day this week, we discussed the previous arrangement which she decided was wrong and did I really want to be there? She also said I had made no effort to bring clients into the shop... which I also told her before probably wouldnt happen as they have 1. a different gel system and 2. I mostly go to their houses. She was fine with this in oct, not now. Also it was my understanding that the shop would be bringing me clients not the other way round. More things about personal life and family commitments were brought up but overall things were left on good terms (back in on friday) but im a little upset by it all to be honest.

Im worried that if she has it in her head that im supposed to bring her clients that in Jan/Feb it will be really quiet and she'll get even more annoyed :/ Im quite happy to sit in there through the quiet and build up my clients but im worried she's already decided to give up on me and maybe I should just go about putting my efforts into advertising my own salon (which i have done a little the last couple of weeks with flyers, price lists and facebook)

Very long I know, sorry again I just wondered on your thoughts really? Ive had to start over 3 times in the last couple years and im ok with it being hard, but making it easier would help heh.

Thanks x

aww i feel from reading this that there has clllearly bin a communication problem on both parts sumhow...are you self employed there???or working for her?if you self employed she shouldnt have an issue weather your getting clients or not thats your issue!!seems tobe like as a business person she is thinkin about herself and not you which in a way i get but isit bettering you??maybe you should talk to her and disscus what your both looking for out of this situation or what eva you have agreed on now write as a document and both sign.at least this way it can be refferd back to!clearly in her eyes you are not benefitting her at all....i never think its works this way when your sharing or renting off people etc..if it was me and i had the oppotunity id make way for my own salon that well your in control...sumtimes all this is a pure headache and you lose focus of what your set out todo!good luck hun.x

Yea im self employed, she knew i had other clients and was just looking to build that up from the start. Your right though, ive been in so many places since april ive lost focus. I just want to do my job and earn some money hehe, i even thought about getting a normal office job :/

I will try and talk to her, I just feel like there is going to be an atmosphere now and when im not making her any money in jan/feb because its quiet and i have no clients this is going to start all over again. I dont think they've even advertised me being there at all. *sigh* oh well, will just have to keep plodding along

thanks x

i get what you mean it is sooo easy to lose focus and thats not what you set out to do...have a word..and also make some leaflets etc and ask if its ok to put put them up and chat about what your offering to alll clients etc..at least this way she can see your trying and not just sitting there.(not saying thats what you do.lol) but uno what i mean some people can just be bitchy.x

Latest posts

Back