Salon application vs my Shellac application

SalonGeek

Help Support SalonGeek:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

Lindabop

Reaction score
Ok I have been struggling with removing shellac for a while.
I got my nails done at a reputable salon before Xmas and the tech applied shellac slightly different to me (she was harsher removing cuticle than I would be and thicker base and top coats than I do) but any way I have just removed the shellac and it came off far better than when I apply it! So my question is does being quite harsh when removing cuticle make a difference to removing the shellac or is maybe my really really thin base layer that is affecting my removal?x

I had to do a removal but I never applied the shellac. When I removed the product with the cnd wraps the base was still on the nail but it seemed quiet thick. I asked my client what service she had and she said the same procedure I use but I couldn't understand why the based coat was quiet think on the nail but these did last my client about 3 weeks and when I apply it on her it only lasts between 10/14 days.

Sent from my GT-I9300 using SalonGeek mobile app

It's baffling?! I had been putting my problems with removal down to using too much base because I've read so much about it having to be super thin, so I have been doing it super super thin but still hard to remove! I'll need to be a bi more generous with base and try again!!

This drives me mad too. Sometimes it slides off with the wrap...but most the time it's a real struggle to get off!

I think it very much depends on the type of nails the client has & I find if my client has warm hands it comes off much better. So I have a lavender heat bag which I pop in the microwave for a min to help it along

Sent from my GT-I9195 using SalonGeek mobile app

This drives me mad too. Sometimes it slides off with the wrap...but most the time it's a real struggle to get off!

Glad it's not just me then! I have tried so any different variations!x

Harsh removal of cuticle has nothing to do with the Shellac Removal process.

A base coat layer left on the nail after removal is due to excessive thickness of the base coat application.

Removal time is also faster when after care is followed and Solar Oil is used regularly; CND Nourishing Remover is used and CND wraps are used.

Removal of Shellac should not be a struggle, or even an irritating issue at the nail desk.

I apply the base coat quite thin and never have issues with removal put i wait about 15 min instead of 10 and most of the time the gel lifts from the nail whole

Sent from my Nexus 4 using SalonGeek

I must also still admit to struggling to get it off. I believe I use a thin base coat and totally saturate the remover pads with remover and still I struggle. It's the only problem I have with Shellac and it really is annoying. It also makes removal more time consuming too.

I must also still admit to struggling to get it off. I believe I use a thin base coat and totally saturate the remover pads with remover and still I struggle. It's the only problem I have with Shellac and it really is annoying. It also makes removal more time consuming too.

Absolutely agree. It can add an extra 30/40mins to the treatment with PEP. I find removal and full PEP is very lengthly & obviously I want to be meticulous so as to get best results for myself & the client!!

Sent from my GT-I9195 using SalonGeek mobile app

I never have any issues with removal. I use foil, nail wipes and nourishing remover. I start wrapping little finger on right hand moving on to next one as I'm removing I talk to client about what colour they would like this time.as soon as I have applied last wrap I slide the first one off and so on takes about 5mins if there is any product left I soak a nail wipes in nourishing remover and wipe the nail. So easy. I have notice if it's cold it will take longer so I always make sure clients hands are warm :)

Latest posts

Back