Salon Gold no longer offering buildings contents of home that also has a beauty room

SalonGeek

Help Support SalonGeek:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

Sameeel

Reaction score
I currently have buildings and contents insurance of my home which aslo covers me for business use as i have a room that is for nails/beauty. This expires in 2 week and salon gold have informed me they no longer offer this insurance and cant find me alternative...

Who do you get your insurance from for your home that also covers businnes use??
I had a major nightmare finding any insurance company willing, until salon gold:Scared::Scared:

Hi my business insurance is with hiscoxs ,im home salon and I have separate building and contents can't remember who with but thay know I work for my house but don't cover my business :-D

Sent from my LT18i using SalonGeek

Hi Sameeel, I have had a similar problem this week, and when I contacted Salon Gold they wanted far more than I pay just now just for Home & Contents insurance and that was without adding any business element. I contacted my bank's insurance department last night and I'm all set, although I am restricted as to how many business 'visitors' I have each week but as I'm predominantly mobile it works out fine for me. Hope you get sorted soon xx

Call H&L Balen - they are the UK's largest advisors / brokers for our industry and are brilliant. Our home insurance is through them and there is no problem with home based salons - it is written into the policy document.

Thankyou for the help.... :)
I tried with my bank insurance dept. and they were a nightmare, worse than useless so i think i will call H&L Balen.... Fingers crossed my nightmare can end as fast as its begun ;) xx

I'm with Halifax. They do my buildings & contents and when I phoned to tell them about my treatment room they said it was fine as long as there wasn't more than 10 people here at any 1 time and just made a note on my account. It was a lot easier than expected haven't even got to pay any extra.

I'm with Halifax. They do my buildings & contents and when I phoned to tell them about my treatment room they said it was fine as long as there wasn't more than 10 people here at any 1 time and just made a note on my account. It was a lot easier than expected haven't even got to pay any extra.

I called halifax last year and person i spoke to said no!.. Grr !!...

Weird. I phrased it that I was wanting to use a spare room to do nails and lashes part time maybe that makes a difference- that I'm not full time although he did say I only needed to phone them again if there was going to be more than 10 people here at a time? I also have my mortgage and banking accounts and all my insurances with them so maybe that helps?

I'm with Halifax too for buildings and contents. No extra premium but they said I could only have a maximum of 12 clients per week.

Am with LV,
Sharon x

Same here but im with Lloyds x

Because my treatment room is separate from my house (converted Detached garage) most won't insure it as part of the house insurance but Towergate will tel 08447368240.
I was put through to them via the Halifax as halifax wouldn't do it.

Last edited:

Latest posts

Back