Salon International -- what to do?

SalonGeek

Help Support SalonGeek:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

kimi1101

Reaction score
Hi,

I am looking to book into go to salon international, but I am wondering what is worth going to when we are there, should i book these things in advance etc??

I want to get the most out of my experience and also taking my hairdresser and paying for her too.

:) xx

if you go on the website you can book tickets from now, I think. But you can put yourself on the mailing list or something like that to get a heads up on the seminars. Although they're expensive they're worth going to. I used to just go on the Mondays cos it's my day off but they've got hardly any seminars on those days and it's all the leftovers. Plus, you have all the colleges going then so it's way way more busy...although it's busy like ALL the time there :S hmm. If you can book the seminars in advance, I would. I assume they have a limited amount allowed.

hey kim, i always pre-book and go to atleast one seminar as it is a long day, look on the website to see what u fancy and book!:D

GEEK MEET!!!

Let me know when, and I will book a table somewhere fun.

GEEK MEET!!!

Let me know when, and I will book a table somewhere fun.

That would be cool. I want to go but have no one to go with :( Mrs billy no mates! I would love to meet up and have some fun with geeks.

Donna, you HAVE to come. Will be a blast. I'l go salon international with you.

Donna, you HAVE to come. Will be a blast. I'l go salon international with you.
I have just looked at the dates and I will already be in London for TAM that weekend! I could extend my stay and go to salon on the Monday the 18th.

A weekend with science geeks, finished with a day with hair geeks, fabulous!

Sounds great! Everyone let me know where you plan to stay, and fly into, and I will arrange something fun for the Sunday night.

should we be going for the full weekend? or just a day or just 2 days?

:) exciting xxx

One day is enough, unless there are particular seminars you want to see. I don't normally go to the paid events as there is enough going on in the main bit. I haven't looked at the speakers yet, so I may change my mind! :)

So guys thought id resurrect this thread....

im booking my train tickets right now!!! So excited!! Anyone got any recommendations of where to stay? Im coming down on the Saturday and staying until the Tuesday, just decided to make a wee holiday out of it :D

sooo excited! and got a good deal on the train tickets compared to flying xx

Depends how much you wanna spend!! There are loads of budget hotels, plus there are loads of gorgeous ones!! Try and book one that is central or West end (not too west tho).

Apart from Salon Int there is a million things to do in London. Depends what type of things you like. Shopping is amazing, foodie heaven, history galore, art to die for, plus the best bars around.

I am coming up too and will bring my new Junior and definitely want to meet you geeks so please advise me which dates / seminars to book and your recommendations as I went to one of these in Oz and it was rubbish but I know its alot better here in the Grand old U of K. EXCITED.

There are lots of travel inns, lodges actually in the Docklands Kim. From there you can just jump on a train into London.

I am aiming to go on the Monday, as I have a whole weekend of science nerdism that weekend in London. :)

Have booked the Monday off work, so am free Sunday and Monday.

I have been saving this link. It might be worth a look Cheap hotels at london, London hotel reservation, Discount london hotels by Shaftesbury Hotels London I was stunned when I saw how reasonable the prices are considering the locations of the hotels.

Hope you all have a great time.

Sharon

Good grief, Sharon! Those are seriously good prices!
I'm going on Monday but I'm heading to town on Sunday. Staying at the Radisson just off Bloomsbury Street - which is a whole lot dearer, but, I have to say, just FAB :)

Wall ought to swap mobile numbers and arrange a meet-up :idea:

im ummin and awwing to go...ive always been on hoilday when this event is on! None of my hds wana go, they're already pre booked so to spk! i might be all by myself, but think its worthwhile to get some creativity flowing! You'll know who i am if you guys see me, il be in the salon owners lounge looking like a tramp! hehe!

Im travelling alllll the way to landan on my own, meeting a few geeks when im there ;)

we should all swap mob numbers closer to the time and meet up xx

Im travelling alllll the way to landan on my own, meeting a few geeks when im there ;)

we should all swap mob numbers closer to the time and meet up xx

Good idea, I was thinking the same. I'm looking so forward to THAT pronunciation of Landan. ;)

Latest posts

Back