Salon International

SalonGeek

Help Support SalonGeek:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

byKaty

Reaction score
Hey geeks☺
So who is going this year? I've never been before and looking to go this year. I will be coming over on my own as don't know anyone else local to me in the industry.
Would anyone be up for meeting up there? Sort of like a big meet up with fellow geeks! Be good to put names to faces!

Hey geeks☺
So who is going this year? I've never been before and looking to go this year. I will be coming over on my own as don't know anyone else local to me in the industry.
Would anyone be up for meeting up there? Sort of like a big meet up with fellow geeks! Be good to put names to faces!

I'm so happy you posted this!

I want to go, but it would be on my own too! Be good to have a friend there

Yeah I really want to go this year as might not get to do it again for a while. And while I don't mind going on my own it would be way more fun with company! Am looking at staying over sat and sun . Depending on flights priced I might get flight on sun night or else Monday morning.

Yeah I really want to go this year as might not get to do it again for a while. And while I don't mind going on my own it would be way more fun with company! Am looking at staying over sat and sun . Depending on flights priced I might get flight on sun night or else Monday morning.

I'll probably get a train home, but I'd love to walk around with you at SA. Be nice to talk hair with someone while I'm there

Exactly! That's what I thought lol!

Already looked it up!☺

I'm planning on going on my own too, I've been lurking on salongeek for awhile now, thought I'd post.
it'd be cool to meet other peeps aswell
I'm getting a 3 day ticket, I'd really like to see the Toni&Guy team on stage too but tickets are a separate 90 something quid... anyone think it's worth it?

I would have wanted to see sassoon team but yea you still need the day ticket after paying for theirs. Can't stretch to that I don't I think.

If it's your first time or you're only going for 1 day, you might get overwhelmed by the amount of stuff to see including a lot of free shows on the main floor by Sassoon, T&G, etc.

For me, Patrick Cameron's free floor shows are always very entertaining and also Wahl too.

There's a lot happening so it's a good idea to check out the programme guide and decide what is a 'Must See' and then keep an eye on the clock so you don't miss them.

If you're there for a couple of days, you have more time for browsing in between shows.

The ticketed shows are very good but it depends on what you want to get out of the visit.

The first time I went as a student, I was just overwhelmed by all the products available and spent £££. I'd never even visited a wholesaler at that point so it was somewhat eye opening. :)

Can anyone reccomend any hotels close to the arena to stop at. Is there a premier inn close by?

If you look on the salon international site you can look on the jigsaw link. There's loads of hotels reduced and also says how far away it is.

Can anyone reccomend any hotels close to the arena to stop at. Is there a premier inn close by?
theres quite a few. i looked on booking.com and laterooms.com using the postcode for excel centre. there is a holiday inn i think quite close by.

I'm desperate to go. But it's like 6 hour away and no one will come with me. I don't really wanna travel, visit SI then either travel back or get a hotel alone. [emoji24][emoji24][emoji24][emoji24]

There's a Premier Inn just across the road from the exhibition. I like Premier Inns as they're good value and the beds are comfy.

I'm desperate to go. But it's like 6 hour away and no one will come with me. I don't really wanna travel, visit SI then either travel back or get a hotel alone. [emoji24][emoji24][emoji24][emoji24]

Local colleges often book a coach for the students to go on the Monday. You could see if they've got any spare seats?

I used to contact my ex hairdressing college friends and organise the trip ourselves. We went up on the train. If you book a few weeks in advance, the fare can be very good value. Last time I went, the three of us went 1st class on the train from Bristol. It wasn't very expensive really in comparison to the the bus because it was a Sunday and we got an early train. It was a fantastic and exhausting day out.

I'm going up with my college as I'm on level 3 now and get discount woop. Also someone on my course said guy tang will be there! Not sure what day tho

Just checked and it says he's there on the Olaplex Stand for all three days.

What[emoji52][emoji52][emoji52]

Latest posts

Back