Salon nightmare!

SalonGeek

Help Support SalonGeek:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

Snmlondonhair

Reaction score
I had a new client today who went to a salon that has just opened where I live, which charge £9.90 for any service!!
She had completely Virgin hair and asked for a Caroline flack ombre, requesting no colour to be applied on root area.
With that information they decided to apply an all over red tint and then bleach the ends to achieve this request. The results are below-
View attachment 75351

The bleach was left on for 3, yes 3 HOURS!! And as you can imagine 5/6 inches had to be cut off.

Could not believe the mess of it!!
I have attached a before and after photo below.

ImageUploadedBySalonGeek1411413335.614109.jpg

I had a new client today who went to a salon that has just opened where I live, which charge £9.90 for any service!!
She had completely Virgin hair and asked for a Caroline flack ombre, requesting no colour to be applied on root area.
With that information they decided to apply an all over red tint and then bleach the ends to achieve this request. The results are below-
View attachment 75351

The bleach was left on for 3, yes 3 HOURS!! And as you can imagine 5/6 inches had to be cut off.

Could not believe the mess of it!!
I have attached a before and after photo below.

View attachment 75352

Oh my gosh😱 see clients find low prices and think 'ooh a bargain' but no they end up with wonky cuts and awful colour.

OMG :eek::eek::eek::eek::eek:

I know the client wants value for money! But please, less than £10 for any service!! Youve got to be asking for trouble at that!

Sent from my SM-N9005 using SalonGeek mobile app

It was AWFUL 😱😱
The stylist also snipped her eyebrow whilst cutting her hair..
Unbelievable 😂

It was AWFUL 😱😱
The stylist also snipped her eyebrow whilst cutting her hair..
Unbelievable 😂

SNIPPED HER EYEBROWS!? How does that even happen!

We have one of them salons in my town, it's awful we are always redoing their work and deal with a lot of broken hair because of over processing!

SNIPPED HER EYEBROWS!? How does that even happen!

I don't even know!! She didn't even have a fringe?! 😭😂

That is absolutely horrendous...how could any self respecting stylist send a client out looking like that?!

Sent from my GT-I9505 using SalonGeek mobile app

Wow that is awful think there is a salon like that near me as well shocking! Have to say after picture is lovely 😊👍 x

What did the client expect at that price 😱

Shocking!

Your after pic looks fab .

What formula/ technique did you use? :)

We have one of those salons. Lol, I feel kinda sorry for the stylists there, my friend had a trial and she was expected to do a shampoo and blowdry on long hair in 15 mins! Disgusting xxx

Last edited by a moderator:
Oh dear thats terrible i live near a salon that does £5 ladies and £4 men they're in and out in 10 minutes and I've had to correct quite a few just not possible to even do long hair that quick with out making mistakes x

How does this salons stay in business , not only sending awful hair out but surely £10 for bleach, root colour, cut wouldn't even cover products used let alone staff wages, rent, insurance ???? Surely they must be making a loss on every client

How does this salons stay in business , not only sending awful hair out but surely £10 for bleach, root colour, cut wouldn't even cover products used let alone staff wages, rent, insurance ???? Surely they must be making a loss on every client

Their very sneaky with the advertising, when they say every service is 9.90, then mean EVERY, so colour application and rinse off is 9.90(double for past shoulder length hair) drying is 9.90, finishing is 9.90.
A wash cut and blowdry will cost 9.90x3
That's how my local one works anyway, by the time you realise it's not all 9.90 you already have you head in the basin, colour on your hair, of halfway through a cut xxx

£9.90 per service
£9.90 for roots
£9.90 for cut
£9.90 for blowdry
£1 per product used.

There is a market out there for it.

Think of the home colour market it's attracting people like that!

Unfortunately as the saying going if you pay peanuts you get monkeys.

Wow just wow....that's so shocking. Did your client pay???? They must get so many complaints!!!!

Sent from my A500 using SalonGeek mobile app

Yes your all right - £9.90 PER SERVICE!! My client ended up paying around £60.

My client was in there a total of 6 hours, after the colour was taken off she was in floods of tears. The stylist apparently said "I don't understand why your crying" and kept walking off in a strop!
When it came to paying the manager wouldn't give her any sort of discount because it was "what she asked for" and if she didn't pay they would call the police!!
I think at this stage she just wanted to get out of there.

Last edited by a moderator:
Shocking!

Your after pic looks fab .

What formula/ technique did you use? :)

Ah thank you! I applied weaved "back combed" foils throughout with bleach 6% on the red sections and conditioner on the already bleached hair.
Then flooded the remaining hair with CT 6/71 1.9%.

Latest posts

Back