Salon Owners and Staff off Sick

SalonGeek

Help Support SalonGeek:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

Rose143

Very Proud Creative Geek
Reaction score
Hi Geeks,

I am doing a bit of research and I'd really appreciate any help you could give me.

I am trying to find out what Salon Owners would pay someone to fill in temporarily for a sick Therapist or Hair Stylist? This Therapist brings in an average of £200-£250 per day.

One of my employees is a very sick young girl, she has possible rheumatoid arthritis which means any time a client or staff member is ill she gets the sickness ten times worse. Her immune system is compromised leaving her off ill for almost up to 2 weeks at a time.

We have lost a lot of clients due to this so I have started a new venture to fix this problem and I would appreciate your honesty and help.

Thanks in advance
xxx

May I just say that you sound a very caring employer.

On an urgent or temporary basis, whatever it took to get a decent technician in to prevent upsetting clients. In the long-term, paying much above what you would pay anyway isn't feasible.

On an urgent or temporary basis, whatever it took to get a decent technician in to prevent upsetting clients. In the long-term, paying much above what you would pay anyway isn't feasible.

Thanks for replying SJK.

It's not supposed to be a long term thing, it's supposed to be a one day or two week arrangement. If it were long term then you'd obviously pay what you'd pay other employees, yes then I agree it wouldn't be feasible.

The replacement would be as qualified if not better qualified than your Therapist on leave?

Are you a Salon Owner SJK?

xxx

Latest posts

Back