Salon software-help!

SalonGeek

Help Support SalonGeek:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

Emma Jane

Reaction score
Hi there,

We are looking for a good hair and beauty salon software. We have 5 hair stylists and 2 beauty therapists and are looking for software to carry out transactions, book appointments, send text messages, online booking/ free iphone app, etc.

Can someone please recommend a software company?

Thank you!

I use unisalons in my hair and beauty salon and I highly recommend it! Very affordable too!

Can you store client record card info on unisalons?

Just looking at their website and it doesn't seem like you can, otherwise it would be perfect.

I use Salon Iris and love it. New staff have come in ad are able to work it, and texts are super cheap. Online booking has a monthly cost as they offer great support for it - just about to embark on it!!!

You might be interested in checking out www.youreontime.com. It should do everything you need for pretty reasonable price.

Another vote for SalonIris - works so well for me! Text message reminders particularly, and I can scan the clients record card into their record on the system. Perfect!

Two suggestions (and yes, I'm from the company that provide them)

Salonlite
Our online, free scheduling system - will do most of what you're asking, including SMS functionality, but it doesn't do point of sale just yet.

Premier Spa
Paid solution with lots of extra functionality and control, including stock management, point of sale, marketing facilities etc etc.

Happy to answer any questions on either of these :)

Hi Emma Jane,

There are many systems out on the market it is important to research the companies to find the one best suited to fulfill your needs and budget. StudioTracker salon software offers numerous packages to suit salons small and large and also offers interest free payment options to spread the costs.
StudioTracker offers a free trial of its software to let you try before you buy.

Studio Tracker | Salon Software

Hope this helps!

Download the free trial of Salon Iris and play with it to your hearts content. Didn't know you could scan docs in!!!

I also use salon iris and we all get on very well with it.
I researched a lot for a salon software and found them to be one of the best!
You can do pretty much everything on it. And I'm nowhere near a computer geek!

We used Shortcuts, bit more expensive but does everything but make the tea and coffee. I think they do a free demo at your salon as well. The reports were incredible, I tried two other software systems (not mentioning names) and the reports had adding errors which was a real let down.

I use and love Ovatu! Used a different system previously with no end of problems, not had a single problem with Ovatu. All my clients that book online comment on how easy it is to use as well. I can't imagine using anything else now.

Unisalons all the way for me!! Don't be put off by how INEXPENSIVE it is as I know I was but it really is fantastic. The support is great too, so helpful, therefore if there is anything that doesn't tick boxes for you they will certainly look at adding it. I needed some help today as I'd been stupidly deleting stuff and he couldn't have been nicer....fixed my mistakes and then pointed out things that I could be doing to maximise the potential of the salon. I'm going to ring back when I'm not so busy to get some more training as suggested by them. For the price it really is incredible.:D

This sounds good and ive had a Quick look on the website. Do they offer a free trial first? And also do I need Internet connection in the salon as I don't at the moment.

Thanks for your reply

I use and love Ovatu! Used a different system previously with no end of problems, not had a single problem with Ovatu. All my clients that book online comment on how easy it is to use as well. I can't imagine using anything else now.

Are you able to update services and add images to services online, as it doesn't update for me? TIA.

Salon iris is the one we used for four years, easy to use, great support and a good price!

I've been using SalonBooker's salon software recently, and it has all of the features you listed and then some. I've had a really good experience so far, and the ecommerce features have started making me a lot of extra money on the side. Highly recommend!

Last edited:

Latest posts

Back