Salon software

SalonGeek

Help Support SalonGeek:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

nicky_russell

Reaction score
Can I ask how easy it is to use salon software compared to paper and pencil! A few of us in the salon are late 30s a couple are 40 and the rest are younger!
Is it hard to learn, does it help business do you use it to full potential?last thing is it expensive☺☺☺

The best thing to do is contact some companies and ask for a demo version of their software. I personally use SalonIris which works very well for my needs, Salon software ranges in price from £80 upto hundreds, even thousands of pounds, depending on what functionality you want.

Some well known software providers are Unisalons, Salon Iris, Premier, Phorest, iSalon and Shortcuts. Google will provide you with links to them all.

In terms of ease of use they generally are easy to use - they are designed for use by salon staff, not techies.

Mat

Thank you for your reply, I will do just that 😉

We use short cuts! Brilliant customer service too' x

We use Platinum Software! Great service and very easy to use, I had older reception staff who had never even used a computer and they were using the system in a very short space of time.

I have used them for years, they are very well priced with no hidden extra costs unlike a lot of the others that I looked at, free support and flexible payments... highly recommended...

You will find them via Google or call them 0845 680 0019

I work for Premier software (tech department, not sales). We asked people from the spa / hair industry how they wanted to use it, rather than us deciding, so it's all fairly easy to use and sensible.

There's always a brief teething period - this happens with ANY system, it's just because it's something new - but pretty much every client I've spoken to would be lost without their software.

Personally, I think it's easier to deal with software than having a book - Can't lose client cards, can't forget to book a room, can't double book clients..

Happy to answer any questions you might have - I've been involved in software for spa / salons / dayspas for well over a decade now, so I'm (hopefully) fairly knowledgeable!

Salon software is a brilliant investment for any salon, it will ensure you can track all client information and their purchasing history, it will enable you to create customised marketing campaigns to ensure you stay in touch with your customers and keep them loyal, it will also manage the day to day aspects of running a salon such as stock control, cashing up and reporting to allow you to spend more time with your clients and making money. As stated previously in most cases you do indeed get what you pay for, it is essential to request a free demonstration and trial of any software you are considering purchasing, this will allow you to see if it will be compatible for your salon needs and to judge whether you think it is worth the investment.

StudioTracker salon software offers affordable packages for salons large and small with its flexible software and hardware bundle options. We offer FREE unlimited support and updates therefore there are no monthly costs associated with the software after purchase. We are so confident in our software that we offer a FREE trial to let you see the benefits before you commit to purchase.

Salon software should not be hard to use at all. If you know how to use Facebook, Hotmail or Salongeek then you probably have most of the skills already.

Although getting the book out of some salons is initially hard, once they get going they never look back. All of a sudden things like email and sms marketing are quick and easy, driving repeat business. And business reporting can be done in seconds. For example how easy is it to compare your christmas season performance to last year? With a computer system this is a couple of clicks away.

My company is currently offering our salon software for six months free if you use the coupon code 'salongeek' when signing up. Send me an email if you have any questions.

Last edited by a moderator:
Oops.. one thing I forgot to add - if you're not ready to make the leap into full-blown desktop systems, we're in the process of launching a free, web-based scheduling system. It's not as feature-rich as our full blown desktop applications, but it's fully functional and it'll still help your run your business.

If you go to Salon Lite Enquiry Form you can signup and you'll be notified when your account is available.

I should add that we're rolling this out to small groups to start off with, so please be quick if you want to give it a try!

Being some software are based out of the united states. How will users here able to get support and is the software even sold in the united states?

Latest posts

Back