Salon software

SalonGeek

Help Support SalonGeek:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
Just been to there site: its down and gives a mobile number.

I have just set up salonlite today! So far I love it, seeming as I was considering paying ALOT for an online system.
One thing I am worried about is if it messes up, appts go missing, or if company website goes down? We are pretty stuffed.We are so used to a book it's worrying but the way forward,

I would always stick with a desktop software that stores the data on your system, that you have full control over. After all,your data is your business.

If you have any concerns then pop me an email and ill happily discuss minimising your risk if you are going down the online route. Whilst we sell our own software, I am always happy do offer advice.

Sean
[email protected]
UK Distributor- SoftBooking Salon Software

I've taken on Premier Software, we only had it 2 months but it's good stuff. Online booking, have an app on my phone so I can check the diary when out of salon, pretty straight forward. My girls love it.

July x

I have just set up salonlite today! So far I love it, seeming as I was considering paying ALOT for an online system.
One thing I am worried about is if it messes up, appts go missing, or if company website goes down? We are pretty stuffed.We are so used to a book it's worrying but the way forward,

We get this a lot :)

Couple of quick points to hopefully set your mind at rest:

- Your data is currently sitting on a high powered server, maintained by an IT team and backed up automatically a couple of times a day. Personally, I'd trust that more over remembering to backup to a memory stick.

- While Salonlite is a relatively new offering, as a company we've been around since 1994, and we've always supplied software to salons and spas. The team here are all IT people with a LOT of years of experience (I've been working for the company for about 13 years now!).

I should add that we are looking into a potential way of you being able to download your data, it's just not decided on yet.

Hope that sets your mind at ease!

I'm looking for software now too. I want an online booking system that will attach to my website but I want someone to come out to the salon to go through all of what the software has to offer before I sign on the dotted line

We can demo our desktop systems, but unfortunately we can't for salonlite - it's how we manage to keep the system free, by not employing sales staff etc.

In all honesty, with it being free, the best thing to do is to setup an account and test it out. It's not costing you anything, so if you're really not happy with it, just delete your account.

We post updates fairly frequently, and we've got a community support page (www.bit.ly/asksalonlite ) where you can get assistance from us and others using the system.

This is also something I've been thinking of doing, but what worries me is what happens when the system is down or if there is a power cut?how do you access information then? At least with a book you still have the client details that in the case of power failure you are able to get in touch with clients to re-schedule

If you would like to arrange an online demi of SoftBooking then give me a call 0845 838 0857 or email me [email protected]. Alternativly just pm me with a convenient time and a number to call you on.

We can connect to your PC and talk you thru the software, as we show you online.

This is a desktop software [all the data is stored on your computer, and backed up online] and there are no hidden fees,no annual fees and no monthly fees. You pay for your software [which is cheaper than most for a start] and get going.

SoftBooking for Salons | Home

Sean

This is also something I've been thinking of doing, but what worries me is what happens when the system is down or if there is a power cut?how do you access information then? At least with a book you still have the client details that in the case of power failure you are able to get in touch with clients to re-schedule

Again, it's one that comes up a lot. Yes, if you have a power cut or your internet goes down, then you might have a temporary issue... but how often does that actually happen?

I put a blog post up on our site a while back now, about the TV series 'The Hotel', where the management wouldn't trust a computer and used a book. The reason they were defending their book, with its layers of tippex, a million different coloured pens, different people scribbling out and re-writing bits if info? Because they'd managed to massively overbook their rooms.

If you're using a good computer system, it won't let you do that.

It'll give you a gentle nudge to tell you that Mrs Smith is already in Room A and probably won't be happy about sharing it with a stranger, or that your staff member hasn't yet been trained to do a specific treatment yet. And I'd say that happens more often than a powercut...

(full blogpost is here if anybody is interested: Common Computerised Myths - Premier Blog )

Ian, do you have a date for salonlite to be used on the iphone? I'm loving it but still copy appointments into my book as i don't have internet in my beauty room and don't want my laptop tethered to my phone all the time. Can't wait for it to be released!

Ian, do you have a date for salonlite to be used on the iphone? I'm loving it but still copy appointments into my book as i don't have internet in my beauty room and don't want my laptop tethered to my phone all the time. Can't wait for it to be released!

I don't have a specific date just yet, but I'll check up and see if I can find out what sort of timescale we're looking at.

By the way, you can make suggestions etc on our community page even if you're not using the system yet, and it allows people to 'vote up' ideas. Take a look here: https://getsatisfaction.com/salonlite

Ian - as it's on the net, is there anyway anyone from your company or anyone else but my staff can get in our appt book, see clients data and how much money we are taking ect?

We are loving it in salon btw!!! So easy! Just storing over 3000 clients on the database is killing me....but I'm on a mission to get finished in a week!!

Ian - as it's on the net, is there anyway anyone from your company or anyone else but my staff can get in our appt book, see clients data and how much money we are taking ect?

We are loving it in salon btw!!! So easy! Just storing over 3000 clients on the database is killing me....but I'm on a mission to get finished in a week!!

To be honest with you, having the software supplier look at your data is the least of your worries. Data security is mostly about setting up your system so that your employees and people around your business can only see what they are meant to. For example, in just the last week we had a user ring up crying because one of her employee's left the business and proceeded to export the customer list and contact them telling them she was moving. Apart from the obvious legal issues it is a major data security breach, and so easy to avoid by not letting your whole staff know the administrator passwords to the system. Thankfully we had audits and security measures to help her out. But don't assume because employees are good friends now they should have unfiltered access to your entire system. This applies to both web or desktop systems.

Soft booking can deal with this issue well. And the salon owner can be set up to bypass any users password if needed

In theory, we can access your system - but in reality, this is only done in instances where we're trying to assist with a support issue, and all staff we employ sign a non-disclosure agreement to protect your data as well.

We occasionally look at overall metrics so we can get an idea of how the system is being used, but this is taken over the system as a whole and not per business.

Other than that, nobody can access your system unless you allow it - in the staff setup, you can specifically setup a login for each member of staff to ensure your own security.

Hope that answers your question - I'll add this to our community support page at https://getsatisfaction.com/salonlite

Data security is mostly about setting up your system so that your employees and people around your business can only see what they are meant to. For example, in just the last week we had a user ring up crying because one of her employee's left the business and proceeded to export the customer list and contact them telling them she was moving.

Apart from the obvious legal issues it is a major data security breach, and so easy to avoid by not letting your whole staff know the administrator passwords to the system. Thankfully we had audits and security measures to help her out.

But don't assume because employees are good friends now they should have unfiltered access to your entire system. This applies to both web or desktop systems.

Just wanted to re-iterate this, as it unfortunately does happen and we've had similar experiences with clients using our desktop products.

It's really important to keep your own password secret, as no matter how good any security is, nobody can do anything about a shared password. Think of it like your banking PIN - you wouldn't let anybody else use it.

Buying the right, genuinely easy to use system is difficult;
You want a computer because it will save you time and get you organized with paperwork and help with running your very busy day.
You need to compete with the salons in the area, which means you need to promote your business using e-mail, text messages and personal letters. This needs to be fast and easy, if you do it yourself with a mobile phone and your paper customer cards, it will work but will take an age, get the computer to do things for you and make it easy.

We have all bought something that was too good to be true, I have, and it always turns out to be a mistake, very cheap software can be a bad idea. What is missing; think about if anyone is there for you when it goes wrong or just if you have a question. If you know computers, great, save some money, if not you need a system that literally is child's play and its worth spending a little bit more for it.

Ask the questions; "what are the 'hidden' costs?", unfortunately nothing is 'free'.
"What if I am using an on-line system and my power or the internet goes down, how will I access my data?"
If on-line, "who else has access to my clients personal information?"

Just a few things to consider, from my experience.

If you have concerns, I am very happy to advise or discuss your options.

Platinum
0845 680 0019

Ask the questions; "what are the 'hidden' costs?", unfortunately nothing is 'free'.

Almost nothing is free :)

The only thing you pay for in Salonlite are the text messages, and that's because we have to pay the network providers.

We've always been very transparent for the business model for Salonlite. It's free, because it means that the industry continue to associate Premier Software with high quality, useful software, which means that maybe some of them will want to use our more powerful desktop version.

That, and we've been in the industry close on 20 years. It's a little 'thank you' to the people who've supported us in making great software for them.

Pretty simple really.

I must say Ian I LOVE Salonlite!

Latest posts

Back