Salon Software

SalonGeek

Help Support SalonGeek:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

skinnyminnie

Reaction score
Hi geeks,
anyone use salon advance in their salon, and do you have any feedback on it as i maybe purchasing it at the end of the month? No sales pitches please as i have compared many on the market and have narrowed it to this one

I would usualy give the sales pitch and would of course always suggest our own software.

however, as a second choice ;-), if you have made up your mind then i believe its a good reliable software, thats easy to use.

that ok, for a competitors response.
hope it goes well.

Sent from my GT-S5830i using SalonGeek

thank you :) nice is definately better that pushy / pitchy ;) x

I must be loosing my sales touch lol. I didnt even mention the name.

seriously good luck with it. Once you have software you wont look back.

And some friendly advice from a supplier, read the small print (there are no issues im aware of with SA tho) and push for the best discount you can (unless im selling ;-))

thanks very much for your advice :) sales reps arent all that bad after all ;) x

REPS. I own the business lol.

Sent from my GT-S5830i using SalonGeek

What about a single member salon?

lol so my original pre conception about reps were right ;) seriously tho thanks for ur help x

Another salon software company owner here! I won't plug the name but there is an 8 week free trial and never tied into a contract!

Like ssuk said - check the agreements/t's and c's

Things to look for include:

* What sort of support is provided? Things do break outside of 9am-5pm!
* What ongoing fees are there? Do you have to pay a license fee each year? Is tech support an added extra? How about online booking?
* What are you tied into? What if you don't like it? Can you leave straight away?
* Have you had a go using it/had a look at it? Is it simple to use?

I hope those help. And of course, for you or anyone else interested in the best salon software, drop me a PM ;)

Cheers,

Stefan

Another salon software company owner here! I won't plug the name but there is an 8 week free trial and never tied into a contract!

Like ssuk said - check the agreements/t's and c's

Things to look for include:

* What sort of support is provided? Things do break outside of 9am-5pm!
* What ongoing fees are there? Do you have to pay a license fee each year? Is tech support an added extra? How about online booking?
* What are you tied into? What if you don't like it? Can you leave straight away?
* Have you had a go using it/had a look at it? Is it simple to use?

Pretty much this. There's other considerations to make as well - while avoiding a sales pitch, we have a desktop product (more features, installed on your own computers) and a free web-based system (less features, but all available online and hosted by ourselves), so what sort of requirements do you have for your software?

Happy to answer any questions on our products or software in general - I've been in the industry for nearly 15 years, so hopefully I should be able to offer some reasonable assistance :)

(hope that doesn't come across too sales pitch-y, I've even deliberately avoided mentioning the name of our products!)

Hi there!

I can only advise that you have checked if there is an annual license fee, support and update costs as these will all impact the overall price of the software. It would also be a good idea to ask for a free trial for at lease 2 weeks to ensure the software will be fully compatible to your needs and the salon.

Good luck.

Latest posts

Back