Salon System Roller Wax

SalonGeek

Help Support SalonGeek:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

misslady

Reaction score
Hi geeks, do any of you use this? I used it yesterday for the first time and I got myself in a mess! Can anyone give me some tips on how to get to grips with it? Or I think I'll have to sell it and go back to pot and spat!

Sent from my GT-I9100 using SalonGeek

Anyone? :-(

I tried it too but ended up in such a mess Im back to the good old pot method!

Thanks inspired. I did think it was just me. I was so embarrassed! And i am gutted because i thought it would be great for mobile work.

What exactly was the problem? X

It took a long time to heat up then cooled too quickly. And i had to use a lot of pressure to roll it. Then it was just too sticky because it wasn't warm enough. I felt awful.

Hi
I use the clean and easy roller wax! Think this may be similar, trained with a pot and spatula but my first salon job introduced me to this system and I've never looked back have been using it for 8 years now! Think I would be useless with a pot and spat now! Persevere hun it is different but I'm sure you will get used to it!

Thanks emmiline. I will try to persevere because the thought of knocking over my pot frightens me! Do you have any tips on how to make it easier? Is there a certain amount of time it can be left off the mains? There are hardly any instructions - which makes me think it's foolproof but maybe I am a fool because I can't get it to work for me!! :)

I would suggest getting to know your new wax system, (sounds silly I know) have a play with it at home. As I've been using mine for ages now I know exactly how long it takes to heat up how long it takes to cool down etc. if it has a dial on the side maybe mark on it the correct working temperature so theres no danger of losing it, it definitely helped me with my wastage and and the fear of knocking over!
You will be a whiz in no time!

Thanks hun. I am getting to grips with it now. I also think that i'm going to invest in an extension plug.

I have noticed that many clients book in for a wax and then say 'oh the socket is behind the sofa/cabinet etc' which means it's such a faff and probably the reason why it's cooling down so quickly.

Latest posts

Back