Salon using CND Shellac images but selling inferior gel polish!

SalonGeek

Help Support SalonGeek:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

curvygirl

Reaction score
What should i do?

they're selling Millenium Gel Polish, NOT shellac

their wording

Our 2 Week Nail Polish Treatments are Now Available :-

They've just posted a Facebook post using the red nail and doorkey scraping the polish but they've covered up the CND logo

see?

picture.php

I'm so annoyed. can something be done?

Last edited:
maybe send an e-mail off to CND letting them know what you've seen?

i've reported them to S2, who were more than happy to take the info;)

Report them to Trading Standards, they would certainly be interested.

They wouldn't be interested as they're not actually saying that they're using Shellac, they're using CND's images which are copyrighted..

have you heard back from S2 yet? what did they have to say?

They haven't replied. But I feel a bit of a prune, as now realised the salon haven't doctored the images as this is how they actually are, but the pictures clearly mention Shellac on the bottom of the right photo. So the salon are using Shellac images to sell Millennium gel ( you know, the gel polish that groupon were selling some months ago to the public!)

I'd say get over it ! :) concentrate on your own business & if you're providing a professional service your trade will be neither affected or reduced.

If someone is using a product that is not as advertised then clients will vote with their feet & wallets. If you are providing something superior why waste your time & energy worrying about what others are doing?!

If we all worried about chop shop salons using mma & applying horrendous acrylic nails we'd never get any sleep. Quit worrying about what others are up to & get busy with your own business & prove your worth by providing a top notch service to your clients & reap the benefits! :)

I do see the point of not overly worrying or stressing about what another salon does but in saying that, if we all just turned a blind eye all the time to anything like this, where would this world be?

I think it's a fine line of making a report to dob them in and then move on with your work, don't over obsess over it but don't turn a blind eye either.

I'd say get over it ! :) concentrate on your own business & if you're providing a professional service your trade will be neither affected or reduced.

If someone is using a product that is not as advertised then clients will vote with their feet & wallets. If you are providing something superior why waste your time & energy worrying about what others are doing?!

If we all worried about chop shop salons using mma & applying horrendous acrylic nails we'd never get any sleep. Quit worrying about what others are up to & get busy with your own business & prove your worth by providing a top notch service to your clients & reap the benefits! :)

I would, but the salon owner approached me when she could see how successful my Shellac service had become (we're facebook friends and her salon offered normal polish and l&p's only at the time) and asked me if I'd come in and train her staff to do it! I just laughed at her. She then asked me where I buy my shellac from (told her S2 and Ellisons) and said why don't i buy it cheap off ebay?!!! errrr Helloooo?

she even faked an appointment with me to get my prices - then cancelled appt.
i'm annoyed because she's cut corners just to get a 2 week polish on her price list but is using Shellac images to promote it!!

I know of a salon doing this but what makes it even worse is the salon and the therapists are up for so many awards at beauty awards ceremony. I'm not vindictive enough to contact the organisers of the event but feel nothing but disgust for the fact people are paying the full price for a genuine shellac treatment when in actual fact what they are getting is fake off eBay.

Theres a salon like this where i live too I have been before for shellac and they were using cheap uv lamps to cure, rubbing cuticle away into my nails with their bare skin :/ didnt deactivate it with water, didn't sanitise properly, although the shellac was real it lasted all of 12 hours on my nails before the first chip! d.sperse was used at the end but as it hadn't been capped and coated properly with top coat by the time i had left it looked like I had about a weeks growth already with loads of fluff stuck around the edges. Awful- And i went there for a treat thinking they would've been good as they won so many awards..I would've been better doing it myself! this salon is up for more awards how can this happen

I don't think op is worried about this salon taking her business. She never mentioned that at all. She just wanted to know what she should do since she's noticed that they are using copyrighted material to promote another product. I think she's done the right thing and I would do the same. I'm sure that S2 or CND would appreciate more people being aware of this and reporting when they see it as well. That is was copyrights are there to protect companies from.

Latest posts

Back