Salon with nails & beauty vs hairdressers nail station only

SalonGeek

Help Support SalonGeek:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

Claire83

Reaction score
A little advice is needed please Geeks..

I currently own my own little salon and my rent is up for renewal. I got a good deal 2 years ago and had the original rent reduced by a considerable amount. I have emailed the landlord to see if he is putting it up to the original price, if he does this I won't be able to afford it.

Anyway, whilst I'm waiting for him to reply I have been scouring the local area to find suitable premises just in case I do need to move. A local hairdressers is interested and wants to speak to me next week - we have mutual clients, and if it hadn't been for this I would have been dismissed and never even had a chance to chat to her.

Well having spoken to one of our mutual clients today, she was told by the hairdresser that she likes the idea and they definitely have space for a station for me.

At the moment I'm just a nail salon, with a friend in doing beauty who is going to be leaving shortly, things haven't worked out well for her, never here etc etc. I'd hoped if I could get a small room in a hairdressers I could do nails and beauty, earn more money, less overheads, possibly get more clients etc.

But now that I've learnt it might just be a desk I'm in two minds again. Obviously I won't know the details until I chat to the manager, but that means there might be no room or privacy for pedicures, and by the sounds of it no room for beauty (which was mentioned at our original meeting/throwing ideas around chat).

Now I'm stuck. Do I continue where I am (if rent is manageable) or move on to pastures new and only do nails as I have been?

I'm throwing ideas around and needing to get my head around things before I meet for this chat. What do you guys think?

I think it all depends on what you want

And what is offered

If a room wasnt offered, then maybe this isnt for you as you have spoke quite strongly of this

If you couldnt get good rent would you settle for just a desk ?

I reckon you have some good negotiating power there, 2 years in business, assuming a good tenant etc, the landlord will probably be open to negotiate as a good stable tenant is better then a few months empty and an uncertain new tenant.

Sent from my GT-P3110 using SalonGeek

Yes, I've been a good tenant, no bother, always paid on time etc so I'm hoping I am able to negotiate on the rent.

However the salon atm isn't exactly modern and I had hoped that I could re-invent myself somewhere new. You know, new shop new me kind of thing. Make it how I originally wanted when money was tight. I guess I can still do this.

Not sure how I feel about just a desk. I think I started dreaming about a little beauty room and everything being hunky dory and now that may not be the case, I don't know what to think or do.

I hate making decisions. :sad:

Yes, I've been a good tenant, no bother, always paid on time etc so I'm hoping I am able to negotiate on the rent.

However the salon atm isn't exactly modern and I had hoped that I could re-invent myself somewhere new. You know, new shop new me kind of thing. Make it how I originally wanted when money was tight. I guess I can still do this.

Not sure how I feel about just a desk. I think I started dreaming about a little beauty room and everything being hunky dory and now that may not be the case, I don't know what to think or do.

I hate making decisions. :sad:

Best thing to do is go and have a look yourself good luck

So my meeting is tomorrow and I'm dreading it in a slight way. I just know I'm going to end up disappointed.

In an ideal world (and lets face it, we all want that!) I'd have loved to rent a room in the hairdressers and do beauty and nails and I'd have saved money on my overheads etc.

Thank you for your thoughts.

Latest posts

Back