Samples idea

SalonGeek

Help Support SalonGeek:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

BotoxBoy

Reaction score
Ok Geeks,

Does anyone out there offer samples of their skin care products?

I've had an idea of a 'client engagement exercise' to create more of a buzz about skin care products and engage them in facebook!

The idea would be contacting existing clients and new clients and asking them if they will review a new and potential product sample. They could be sent the sample and asked to provide a review on our website or facebook page after us discussing with them what would be expected.

The products with the best reviews, could then be bought from the provider and as popular retail ideas! This could potentially increase engagement with clients AND improve the engagement between the supplier, their product ranges and the clients so that treatment 'add ons' can be selected from the most popular ranges!

What do people think of this idea? Does it sound like something that would be worth looking into further?!

We are going to be tracking EVERYTHING via a software package so we know exactly who has had what product and ensure we get all the details to get proper reviews rather than time wasters.

Plus the idea could include things like using software to track exactly who gets what and providing a web link to give the feedback to make it as quick, simple and easy as possible for clients to feedback and discuss the popular treatments!

I'd be very interested to hear peoples thoughts on this!

Feel free to PM me as I know some of you don't always like to post on here...

Any suggestions or tips from suppliers who can think of how to extend their database of clients so we can share advise for everyone as well? Message on here or PM me!

Getting a bit giddy about it now!

Having a great response from Facebook!

I think it's a good idea. I find it hard trying to get any reaction from my Facebook page, although I don't even have 100 likes (unlike your 600!) I'd love more participation. I might try something similar myself. I have responded via your Facebook page. I bought some retinol capsules form you and love them! Although I don't use them every night but I go for a good few days on the trot then flake out on the sofa and stumble to bed the next few nights lol

I think it's a good idea. I find it hard trying to get any reaction from my Facebook page, although I don't even have 100 likes (unlike your 600!) I'd love more participation. I might try something similar myself. I have responded via your Facebook page. I bought some retinol capsules form you and love them! Although I don't use them every night but I go for a good few days on the trot then flake out on the sofa and stumble to bed the next few nights lol

Thanks for your kind words !

I was pitting your address in the my new ad campaign spreadsheet and knew I recognised it!

Ok would you mind putting a comment on the page about how much you live the retinol capsules?!

I'll make sure you get one of the more fabulous samples out of the bunch!

It's actually pretty hard to increase likes and get engagement on fb! We update it everyday and really try and interact with clients!

But in the past 2 months eve increased by around 300 likes due to different strategies but they seem to be working!

Thanks again!

I need some suppliers now do I can launch a diverse skin product line!

I

I can't seem to get much response either x

It's a slow grower! But don't give up!

Update on this- clients gave actually taken pics and shared the images of their samples and friends are commenting... It's a 'viral' advertising success!

Wow, love your idea, well done

Wow, love your idea, well done

Thanks... Seems to be popular. The ones we get the best feedback on we will stock the full sizes for purchase in our new retail website!

I have to admit my brain was a bit slow yesterday & I didn't really understand your original post. After having a nose at your page, I think it's great the interaction you have going on.

I've tried doing the samples bit on my products page before but it's all fallen a bit flat. Will be putting thinking cap on to see what I can come up with :)

I have to admit my brain was a bit slow yesterday & I didn't really understand your original post. After having a nose at your page, I think it's great the interaction you have going on.

I've tried doing the samples bit on my products page before but it's all fallen a bit flat. Will be putting thinking cap on to see what I can come up with :)

Yeah we interact with clients daily and are sending the samples a cost to us but its a new connection an any comments come up on their pages for their friends to see so its working well!

We're averaging 20 new likes a day since getting clients to trial products! Loving it!

Fantastic idea, well done

I like this idea!
How can you be sure that you're sending appropriate samples to people? I'd be worried that if I sent samples of say, a skin renewing moisturiser, people with a fragile skin would try it and it be the wrong product for them, and then them be less than impressed with the brand.

I like this idea!
How can you be sure that you're sending appropriate samples to people? I'd be worried that if I sent samples of say, a skin renewing moisturiser, people with a fragile skin would try it and it be the wrong product for them, and then them be less than impressed with the brand.

I'm tending to pick the less potentially 'harsher' products such as the general moisturisers etc and only trialling those ones on myself!

I'm also putting advice cards in saying what they are and what to do etc with advice about checking ingredients for allergies etc or even doing a patch test.

My contact details are there for advice and queries and obviously no prescription products will go out!

But so far as I said people are taking photos and uploading them they are so excited with what they see as a 'freebie'!

But good thinking, the samples will be chosen carefully!

I'll collate the feedback and then purchase the full sizes to then email the relevant clients about as I've got everyone on a spreadsheet with what samples they received!

A bit laborious but it will be worth it for when I launch my brand new retail website soon!!!

Thanks for my samples, got them this morning. Will post a couple of photos on FB. Very neat idea. Love it.

Thanks for my samples, got them this morning. Will post a couple of photos on FB. Very neat idea. Love it.

Fab, yeah we did a demo night last night with more samples, definitely got people interested and I'm getting good feedback messages on some of the products which is great!

Brilliant strategy!!!

Latest posts

Back