Sassyhassy where are you?

SalonGeek

Help Support SalonGeek:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

Debs

Reaction score
I know she is busy and very stressed with trying to open her salon but she`s being missed here!
I do hope she isn`t staying away after our last debate cos I`d hate that.
We`re all adults, all have different opinions and we ought to be able to say what we think and remain friends too.
Come on Sassy, let us know you`re ok and I`m sure we`re also all interested any progress on the salon!

Oh Sassy! You promised weekly installments on progress of your salon. Hopefully it is all going smooooooooothly xx

Debs said:
I know she is busy and very stressed with trying to open her salon but she`s being missed here!

This is precisely the reason she has been scarce on the site and no other reason. Lets not get into that debate again, please!!!
She will be appearing soon enough when there is an interesting or meaty thread she can get her teeth into and with all the news of the salon as it unfolds.

Glad to hear it Geeg, I wish her all the best with her salon

Don't panic I is here - don't think you could get rid of me that quickly!!

I have been so busy with the salon it's untrue - update coming later - but my builder let me down right at the last minute and have been getting it all sorted, so you can see what kind of nightmare it's been.

Thanks for thinking of me - glad to know someone wants me!!!!!!!!!!:D

Love you guys!

Debs said:
I do hope she isn`t staying away after our last debate cos I`d hate that.
We`re all adults, all have different opinions and we ought to be able to say what we think and remain friends too.
QUOTE]
Debs said:
I think Sassy Hassy is far too much of a Ballsy Lady to go running from any debate.

I don`t think for one minute that I was raising previous issues, I`d heard through the grapevine (and a wicked one its getting on here too) that Sassy wasn`t coming back because of that post. With it getting such a lot of controversy I wanted to reiterate it being behind us, that we`re adults and that Sassy is respected on here and missed. Instead I get bawled out again for having a bit of compassion and thats just ridiculous.
What a pathetic bunch of people we have on here, when are they gonna grow up?
Anyone that knows me would know I didn`t mean any harm, and we ought to have freedom of speech anyway.
As for the rep points, why is it people are so afraid of putting their names to bad reps? Its cowardly and I`ve had enough of it!
I know there are loads of geeks on this site that love and respect me but there are just those few in the cliche that upset the balance.
All I can say is that I don`t have a problem sleeping at night!

Oh Debs - Most of us know your intentions were good. I am sure Sassy appreciates your sentiments. We all get good and bad rep points. You get more than enough positive reps, as we can all see from your 'Reputation'. Don't let a few people who obviously don't agree with some things you say get you down. Your positive reps surely outweigh the negative ones tenfold so don't take it too harshly. You are a fab Geek so SMILE!

Well if you want me to be honest then yes I was also staying away because of some of the remarks I had received saying that I was unkind, harsh and very nasty. Whether or not they were right in their opinion of me, it hurt. The thing I loved about being in the nail industry was the lack of office politics and I felt that in one small moment that they had returned with a vengeance. Like I said I was very stressed at the moment I wrote that post and subsequently decided to keep a low profile until I got my patience back!!

We should all be adult to say what we feel - but that should be whether it is positive or negative. I think though that we are all guilty of being over sensitive - I know I am. I would hate to think that anyone felt badly about me, but in the real world we cannot please all of the people all of the time and am adult enough to realise that sometimes we have to agree to disagree.

So remember guys that when you say that by being negative to someone's comments that we're not shooting someone down in flames, we're just expressing an opinion. And having been on the backlash of having expressed my opinion, I can truly say that I was shot down with the full force of a volcano!! See it works both ways!!

I really appreciated the thread Debs, I thought I had served my purpose on here and it was time to hand over to someone new who hadn't seen it done it and geeked it. So it was really kind of you to say I was missed and i am more touched than you will ever know.

Finally, this site rekindled that flame of passion within the industry that had abandonned me, and I owe EVERYONE on here a lot. I've cried with laughter, cried with sadness, and cried with compassion, but I don't want to cry because we can't coexist without being able to express a true opinion. Let's all chill and move back to what we do best - nails, nails and more nails!!

NailNovice2 said:
Oh Debs - Most of us know your intentions were good. I am sure Sassy appreciates your sentiments. We all get good and bad rep points. You get more than enough positive reps, as we can all see from your 'Reputation'. Don't let a few people who obviously don't agree with some things you say get you down. Your positive reps surely outweigh the negative ones tenfold so don't take it too harshly. You are a fab Geek so SMILE!

Chris, I had to take this view point too. Like I say you can't please all of the people all of the time and so in the end had to focus on the positive. Let's face it if you dwell on the negatives in life then it's an unhealthy spiral downwards. Learn from the negatives, but grow with the positives - it's the only thing that has kept me sane over the last few months with the salon opening. I did start to let the negatives take over and it stressed me too much. Now I just laugh in the face of adversity - actually I think it's really hysteria:Scared: !!!!!

Debs, You say what you think girl ... I know I do :D !! It really is an abuse of the rep system to give neg points to someone simply because their opinion is different to yours.You are a popular and valued member of the geek community with answers worth listening to so don't devalue our community by going to ground!! We need good solid geeks like you.xx

I had every faith that you would bounce back bigger and stronger than ever...never doubted you for a second.....your salon will be a success as you are and i am very gratefull for all the help and advise you have shared with not just me but many of us.
Just wanted to show my hand and to say its always here if ever you need it.

Debs....you are so right in what you say about us all being adults and its not right when we don't feel we cant say what we really think....i feel like that alot...and tend to just keep quiet....but in the pit of my stomach feel that i want to say something...but don't.
The only reason i can think people may have felt that it was turning old soil creating this thread was because maybe a pm to sassy would have been better.

Debs said:
I don`t think for one minute that I was raising previous issues, I`d heard through the grapevine (and a wicked one its getting on here too) that Sassy wasn`t coming back because of that post. With it getting such a lot of controversy I wanted to reiterate it being behind us, that we`re adults and that Sassy is respected on here and missed. Instead I get bawled out again for having a bit of compassion and thats just ridiculous.
What a pathetic bunch of people we have on here, when are they gonna grow up?
Anyone that knows me would know I didn`t mean any harm, and we ought to have freedom of speech anyway.
As for the rep points, why is it people are so afraid of putting their names to bad reps? Its cowardly and I`ve had enough of it!
I know there are loads of geeks on this site that love and respect me but there are just those few in the cliche that upset the balance.
All I can say is that I don`t have a problem sleeping at night!

Oi Oi Oi......................thought I was the bolshy geek. Comes on Debs, you know we love ya.

Tried to send you some flowers but it won't let me buy any pressies so I've donated 50 Geekmolians to you. Enjoy. xxxxx

Latest posts

Back