Saying bye to a family pet

SalonGeek

Help Support SalonGeek:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
Awwww don't be hard on yourself - everyone deals with things differently. I feel your pain. Most people took the micky when I became distraught about my Guinea..... someone even said I should have put her under the back wheel of my car rather than spend £250 on trying to save her.....it wasn't about the money. She was a part of my family.

Some people think its a joke when animals die. I would've probably smacked the person who had said that lol like you said, doesn't matter how big or small or even what animal it is, if its your pet its gonna upset you. I have a feeling one of the other students will have a little giggle tonight at me bein upset .. Should be fun lol i know what you mean though about people taking the mick

Awwww don't be hard on yourself - everyone deals with things differently. I feel your pain. Most people took the micky when I became distraught about my Guinea..... someone even said I should have put her under the back wheel of my car rather than spend £250 on trying to save her.....it wasn't about the money. She was a part of my family.

Big hugs to you all. I'm a huge animal lover! About 30 years ago, I cancelled a holiday to pay for an operation (over £300 back then!) for my then King Charles Spaniel! Everyone thought I was mad, but I didn't care. I was glad I had a heart! I can remember about 4 years ago, I lost my gorgeous black cat. He was poisoned:mad:! I cried for weeks! I really feel for you all :hug:

Sorry to hear about your loss I know exactly what it's like :( this is a sweet poem I read on Facebook a few weeks ago!
Just this side of heaven is a place called Rainbow Bridge.
When an animal dies that has been especially close to someone here, that pet goes to Rainbow Bridge.
There are meadows and hills for all of our special friends so they can run and play together.
There is plenty of food, water and sunshine, and our friends are warm and comfortable.
All the animals who had been ill and old are restored to health and vigor; those who were hurt or maimed are made whole and strong again, just as we remember them in our dreams of days and times gone by.
The animals are happy and content, except for one small thing; they each miss someone very special to them, who had to be left behind.
They all run and play together, but the day comes when one suddenly stops and looks into the distance. His bright eyes are intent; His eager body quivers. Suddenly he begins to run from the group, flying over the green grass, his legs carrying him faster and faster.
You have been spotted, and when you and your special friend finally meet, you cling together in joyous reunion, never to be parted again. The happy kisses rain upon your face; your hands again caress the beloved head, and you look once more into the trusting eyes of your pet, so long gone from your life but never absent from your heart.
Then you cross Rainbow Bridge together....

Aw sorry lovely for your loss! We had to put to sleep our 21 year old cat last summer! His last few days he would lie out on the drive all day n meet you when you got home, so when he wasn't there it upset me everytime for a long time! They are part of your life part of the family! When we lost our dog to cancer 2 years ago, I got sent home from work as I was in pieces. My manager did my return to work the following shift and he said as it's just a dog this incident puts a black mark on your record for going home. I found that hard to stomach! But everyone I know say of course he was part of the family, don't ever feel silly xx

Huge sympathy to you and the other Geeks who have been going through the same sad times.
Your pets were lucky. I know that because they were loved so much.

Sorry to hear about your loss I know exactly what it's like :( this is a sweet poem I read on Facebook a few weeks ago!
When an animal dies that has been especially close to someone here, that pet goes to Rainbow Bridge.
There are meadows and hills for all of our special friends so they can run and play together.
There is plenty of food, water and sunshine, and our friends are warm and comfortable.
All the animals who had been ill and old are restored to health and vigor; those who were hurt or maimed are made whole and strong again, just as we remember them in our dreams of days and times gone by.
The animals are happy and content, except for one small thing; they each miss someone very special to them, who had to be left behind.
They all run and play together, but the day comes when one suddenly stops and looks into the distance. His bright eyes are intent; His eager body quivers. Suddenly he begins to run from the group, flying over the green grass, his legs carrying him faster and faster.
You have been spotted, and when you and your special friend finally meet, you cling together in joyous reunion, never to be parted again. The happy kisses rain upon your face; your hands again caress the beloved head, and you look once more into the trusting eyes of your pet, so long gone from your life but never absent from your heart.

This has just made me howl :'( x

Sorry, I didn't mean to make you cry! :(

Sorry, I didn't mean to make you cry! :(

I cried when i burnt my toast earlier its just one of those days lol no need to apologise xx

Thankyou this has helped alot. The strange thing is, when we first got her, the first thing she did was climb up my Dad & sit on his shoulder & lay around his neck. She didn't do it again, just the once. We ALWAYS laughed & smiled about that moment. As we sat down in the vets, she did it again the same way just before we got called in. Kind of weird how she did the same thing she did coming to us as she did leaving. I will always remember that :)

So sorry for your loss. Can't imagine what you are going through after putting all those hours into training with her xx

Awwww this made me cry, how heartbreaking for you. About a year ago we had to put down our little dog down. She was 17. We think she had a brain tumour, we were contemplating putting her down for 2 months before we did. Selfish on our part but just didn't want to be without her. She kept picking up and then slowly getting worst. I got in from work one night and she just completely lost the use of her legs. We knew it was time. She was my mums dog, but I was completely devastated. Just before she passed away I got a puppy. We didn't want the house to be empty and felt it would ease the pain, which it did. He came and gave us a big kiss when we got back in. However after putting her to sleep, and feeling such pain I really regret having him. I love him sooo much I can't even begin to imagine losing him. Hopefully it will be along way away, but I always think back to that time.

It does get easier, you need to grieve and remember all the lovely memories you have. I'm sure she had an amazing life with you all. Big hugs to all your family. Hope it starts to get easier for you soon. Xxx

Iv got this on my cats casket when I had him cremated, it's lovely x

Awwww this made me cry, how heartbreaking for you. About a year ago we had to put down our little dog down. She was 17. We think she had a brain tumour, we were contemplating putting her down for 2 months before we did. Selfish on our part but just didn't want to be without her. She kept picking up and then slowly getting worst. I got in from work one night and she just completely lost the use of her legs. We knew it was time. She was my mums dog, but I was completely devastated. Just before she passed away I got a puppy. We didn't want the house to be empty and felt it would ease the pain, which it did. He came and gave us a big kiss when we got back in. However after putting her to sleep, and feeling such pain I really regret having him. I love him sooo much I can't even begin to imagine losing him. Hopefully it will be along way away, but I always think back to that time.

It does get easier, you need to grieve and remember all the lovely memories you have. I'm sure she had an amazing life with you all. Big hugs to all your family. Hope it starts to get easier for you soon. Xxx

Thankyou hun ;hug: i'm sure today will be the hardest so hopefully i'll feel better tomorrow x

My kitten Muffin arrived on a Friday, on the Saturday she curled up around my dad's neck and on the Sunday my lovely dad died suddenly.
I think Muffin came to help me bear the loss. So she will always be special. That was 18 months ago.
To all of you who are suffering loss of your furry ones I'm sending big hugs x

Arrh big hugs its terrible Ive been through it a long time ago with two cats. Dreading it happening again as our cat will be 18 this yr she is completely deaf now and is starting to loose weight appetite is poor at the moment. It is a bereavement so take no notice if people pass comments about pulling yourself together you are allowed to feel sad and cry all you need to :( x

Latest posts

Back