Scalp exfoliators

SalonGeek

Help Support SalonGeek:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

smallandcute

Reaction score
Hey hair geeks! Im wondering if anyone can help me im looking for a scalp exfoliator. My scalp gets quite dry itchy and flakey and as a skin geek i know just how important exfoliating the skin is. I want to deep cleanse my scalp and rid the flakey skin.

I use joico products. Mainly the kpac range including the clarifying shampoo although if im using heat on my hair i will use the moisture recovery range to aid in the prevention of damage. It is rare for me to use heat on my hair and i let my hair air dry before pinning it up and i hardly get it coloured but its a semi if i do so i know these things are not causing my dry itchy scalp.

Any help would be really appreicated

Sent from my GT-I9300 using SalonGeek mobile app

Have you tried using coconut oil.... Yes I no it's no an exfoliators buttttt....

It's amazing! I blather my hair and scalp in it and give it a good massage in, sleep in it then wash my hair in the morning! My hair and scalp feels great after. If you google it there many benefits of using coconut oil on your hair

I agree 100% with the above, you scalp needs moisturising, just like your skin does. I swear by extra virgin coconut oil...melt some in your hands massage into dry hair (oil and water don't mix) and massage into the scalp, you will look like you've dunked your hair into a chip pan :/ then loosely wrap hair in a warm towel, leave it over night, apply shampoo to DRY hair (again oil and water don't mix) rinse, shampoo and condition, them comb hair, do this once a week until scalp is happy again...:)

Hi smallandcute
I'm not a hair geek but was just wondering if the itch is all over your scalp or just in some areas
I know it's difficult to examine your own scalp, but could it be psoriasis ?
I have a client with this (which I noticed when giving her a facial) and she says it's stress related.
She uses Tgel shampoo for seborrheic dermatitis and that keeps it clear.
Hths. X

My scalp is terribly flakey too but only really flares up when I'm stressed. Trouble is I'm allergic to coconut so... Any other suggestions?!x

Oh I tried that Tgel shampoo, made my hair fall out! I've got soooo much hair it didn't really matter as I'm always wanting it thinned out but not sure that's the best way to do it lol. Have heard loads of people swear by the stuff, I just must be one of those unfortunate people x

I don't know any specific products, but in the Decleor Tranquility Scalp treatment we always offer an optional scalp exfoliation, for which we combine an exfoliant with the Decleor hair oil and a stimulating gel. I'm assuming similar could be achieved at home by combining a decent quality exfoliant with a good quality hair oil that you already own?

I don't know any specific products, but in the Decleor Tranquility Scalp treatment we always offer an optional scalp exfoliation, for which we combine an exfoliant with the Decleor hair oil and a stimulating gel. I'm assuming similar could be achieved at home by combining a decent quality exfoliant with a good quality hair oil that you already own?

This sounds great! I'd never even considered exfoliating the scalp! Does the client go home with exfoliator in their hair?

Latest posts

Back