Scared I'm going to fail!

SalonGeek

Help Support SalonGeek:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

Missykay

Reaction score
Hi Geeks,

I just starting out in the world of Mobile Spray Tanning as a part time venture, i have got my kit, done my training and pretty much ready (still practicing at mo) HOWEVER..... Im starting to worry big time that its all going to be one big disaster and a massive waste of money!! Im all for "you dont know till you tried" but i was wondering if any of you geeks can put my mind a rest! I have worked so hard already on getting things going and now the time has arrived im starting to P** my pants (sorry to be blunt). Please help!!!

Hi I just wanted to say i'm in a similar situation to you. I am in the process of renting a room in a hair salon.

The geeks on this site are so inspirational! I think everybody has doubts and there's always a risk of failing. I think if you do proper planning and do as much research as possible it should give you more confidence.

As long as you be smart and try your best with marketing, customer care, looking after your loyal customers and stay proactive in driving your business you will minimise the risk.

I plan to put any money generated back into the business to help it grow and try to ensure a steady cash-flow so I don't run out of money.

Have you tried your local business link for free training courses? x x

You need a good positive attitude to succeed!!!

If you think you are going to fail..... you will fail!!

When I started out in this business, I believed in myself and knew I would be good at what I did because I was so determined to be successful and guess what.... I was!!

Go for it..... but have no doubt about your ability :hug:

I am in the same position as you hun iv bought the kit and do the training tomorrow im so nervous i know it sounds silly i just hope i pick it up;). I am sure you will be fine tho let us know how you get on good luck xxxxx

Allaboutbeauty xxx

Don't be scared hun. The secret is to eliminate the word 'FAIL' from your vocabulary. There is no such thing!

You will make mistakes, but you will learn from these. So they are not failings, just lessons to be learnt.

Things won't be as busy as you want sometimes, building business might be slower than you'd like. But that's not failing, that's just learning to be patient and proactive in gaining new clients.

Even if you only gained 2 new regular customers a month, that's still 24 clients a year. After 5 years that's over 100 clients which is a nice client base.

So there is no such thing as failing. There is such thing as giving up too soon, or not giving it your all which will make you feel like you've failed.

Just keep repeating 'I won't fail, I'll keep going'

Good luck x x x

Don't be scared hun. The secret is to eliminate the word 'FAIL' from your vocabulary. There is no such thing!

You will make mistakes, but you will learn from these. So they are not failings, just lessons to be learnt.

Things won't be as busy as you want sometimes, building business might be slower than you'd like. But that's not failing, that's just learning to be patient and proactive in gaining new clients.

Even if you only gained 2 new regular customers a month, that's still 24 clients a year. After 5 years that's over 100 clients which is a nice client base.

So there is no such thing as failing. There is such thing as giving up too soon, or not giving it your all which will make you feel like you've failed.

Just keep repeating 'I won't fail, I'll keep going'

Good luck x x x

Great advice, thank you. My nerves are now turning to excitement. x

Thanks for all your replies. I really appreciate it. x

As for being worried sick, im starting to chill now and cant wait to get the last bits sorted and get going!

Hey hun i also felt a bit like you at 1st but you just have to get rid of the negative's and throw yourself into the positives :D it will be the best thing you ever did hope all is going well for you :D

Where did you get your equipment from? and what brand? I wouldnt mind doing that myself, Im st tropez and fake bake trained . x

If you think about the physical feeling of fear and the physical feeling of excitement, they both feel the same, the only difference is the emotion you attach to the physical feeling, excitement or fear!!

You may fail, but you have done everything necessary to succeed so change the fear to excitement and enjoy yourself, you will be fine!!

Don't forget we are all here to help you when you need it! :D

If you think about the physical feeling of fear and the physical feeling of excitement, they both feel the same, the only difference is the emotion you attach to the physical feeling, excitement or fear!!

You may fail, but you have done everything necessary to succeed so change the fear to excitement and enjoy yourself, you will be fine!!

Don't forget we are all here to help you when you need it! :D

Ah thanks Sheila. Im taking all advice on board and definitely turning all fear to excitement xx

I was trained with Nouvatan,so glad i picked them fab customer service,training was great,set up price was fab! and the nouvatan tanning solution is the best spray tan ive experienced and i tried a few other brands! fake bake to me is orange!in fact most are,nouvatan isnt, its a lovely golden brown colour i luv it and so does my clients :) x

Thanks for all your replies. I really appreciate it. x

As for being worried sick, im starting to chill now and cant wait to get the last bits sorted and get going!

That's the attitude you need when you're starting something new. You can achieve anything with the right attitude and hard work.

All of the geeks I've been talking to on this site are lovely and helpful - ask away if you have any more questions or need help with anything else.

Good luck!!!

Latest posts

Back