Scented tans

SalonGeek

Help Support SalonGeek:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

skindeep72

Reaction score
Has anyone tried or use scented tans. They seem quite popular in my area but i honestly thought that the scent would only last till wash off. Some therapist charges more as they're scented. The solution I use has a smell probably as with other tans but again vanishes after wash off. Was going to buy some to try but think it would be a ware of money. Especially at this time of year lol:) xx

I use OMG tanning solutions. I normally use the coconut scented one. It reminds everyone of holidays. It lasts a little after wash off too. I have just been given a sample of the Mango scented one. I will be trying it tomorrow. It smells gorgeous. They also do chocolate, cherry, vanilla etc.
excellent product, training and aftercare too.

I use Suntana which are scented (coconut, cherry, chocolate and blackberry). You can only really smell them while you are being sprayed but everyone always comment how on nice they smell.

The scent will wash of with the guide colour as it does with your normal solution. They are nice to smell but make no difference to the tans outcome. They won't leave you smelling like coconut or chocolate for a week!

I say if you are happy with the solution your using atm stick with it. Nouvatan smells lovely (assume thats what you use from profile pic).

It's the DHA which is the typical spray tan smell so any scents added to the product will only smell temporarily until the DHA starts to develop xx So in my opinion it's not worth using the scent as a USP because they all end up smelling the same in the end xx

I have used tans without any scent at all and ones with. I must say I prefer the ones with a scent. Although it is only masking the dha development smell it is by far for me a more pleasant experience. Suntana cherry one 10% prob smells the best for the longest I have found. X

It's the DHA which is the typical spray tan smell so any scents added to the product will only smell temporarily until the DHA starts to develop xx So in my opinion it's not worth using the scent as a USP because they all end up smelling the same in the end xx

I agree. It is nice and a bit of a novelty to be sprayed with a lovely scent - I trialled OMG cherry once and it smelt soooo good when it was sprayed it on me, however by the morning I just smelt like the usual old teabag smell that you get from tanning solutions!

Its a nice idea but fragrance is a known irritant to some people. So you reduce your client base if you choose to use just scented tans. I personally would prefer using a hypo allergenic solution any day... I had a client just yesterday who likes using Aviva for this very reason!

Sent from my GT-I9100 using SalonGeek

Thanks guys. I have a few clients who have sensitive skin so the scented would probably irritate them. I think ill stick to Nouvatan & maybe just maybe purchase a scented solution for the summer:) xx

Nouvatan is scented - it's mango.

I have found that although clients like to have a scent to the tan to disguise the developing smell they prefer to have the best colour & lasting tan over what it smells like when sprayed on. So I wouldn't go getting in scented tans just for the sake of it, make sure they give you clients what they want from a tan - long lasting colour, good fade off, non sticky application, range of percents etc....

Nouvatan is scented - it's mango.

I have found that although clients like to have a scent to the tan to disguise the developing smell they prefer to have the best colour & lasting tan over what it smells like when sprayed on. So I wouldn't go getting in scented tans just for the sake of it, make sure they give you clients what they want from a tan - long lasting colour, good fade off, non sticky application, range of percents etc....
Thanks Baggybear, I knew Nouvatan had a smell but could not for the life of me figure out what it was lol. I'm telling everyone it smells of oranges & lemons lol. All my clients love Nouvatan so ye no point in changing. Would it be wrong to advertise it as Mango scented? xx

I can't see how it could be wrong to advertise that your solution has a mango scent.

You are telling the truth so if you feel it will attract more clients go for it.

Latest posts

Back