scheduling clients

SalonGeek

Help Support SalonGeek:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

Winky

Reaction score
I'm thrilled that my schedule is nearly always fully booked lately, but i am having some problems with some clients because of this. They are used to calling in 1-2 days before to make an appointment and now it is often impossible to fit them in at the time/day that they want to come in. No matter how much i insist that they have to book ahead of time, they just don't listen to me! So now i have clients becoming upset and threatening that since i can't fit them in they'll have to take their nails off. How annoying is that? Like they're threating me or something. Is this a common problem? And does anyone have any solutions. I always do my best to fit them in, even sometimes offering to work after hours (i have cut back on this alot though.

There will always be some customers who try it on. If your books are already full, then I wouldn't work late just to fit these people in. You've given them the choice to book in advance, which they've declined, so it isn't your problem.

Stick to your guns, if you don't have a slot, then they will have to wait. I bet they soon get the message and book in advance.

Lou x

I'm starting to get really busy now too and I wish I had 4 5pm appointments, they all go like hotcakes :rolleyes:

I always say to my client when they're putting their coat on that I'm getting more and more busy now and if they want a 5pm (or whatever they like to have) then they need to book it now.

Most of them jump at the chance to get the appointment they want and book several there and then :wink2:

It's time to get hard Chick, if you give in to their blackmail they will keep doing it bacause they know you'll give in. Hell, if they take their nails off in the meantime that's their choice - you can charge them for a full set when they come back!

Time to be firm :lol:

Trin
xx

Winky said:
I'm thrilled that my schedule is nearly always fully booked lately, but i am having some problems with some clients because of this. They are used to calling in 1-2 days before to make an appointment and now it is often impossible to fit them in at the time/day that they want to come in. No matter how much i insist that they have to book ahead of time, they just don't listen to me! So now i have clients becoming upset and threatening that since i can't fit them in they'll have to take their nails off. How annoying is that? Like they're threating me or something. Is this a common problem? And does anyone have any solutions. I always do my best to fit them in, even sometimes offering to work after hours (i have cut back on this alot though.

perhaps you should raise your prices.
If you loose a few customers after a price increase, the ones who stay who are paying more, will compensate for it and you will be no worse off AND have room for more new customers.
work smarter not harder.
you may even find they all stay even after a price increase .
(this is the answer geeg replied to a previous post similar to this awhile back)

Why not book them in for their infills before they leave? Also, with soak offs, how about giving them the option of buying a small bottle of acetone and a care leaflet for a price set by you (at a profit), so they can do them at home? Mind you, if they insist, let them sit there and soak off at your place whilst you're doing somebody elses nails.

Well said Kimmi I totally agree. I think some people think the world revolves around them! I mean if they were trying to book a flight somewhere and there were no more places available, they would have to take the next flight, right? I'm sorry but they've got no room to argue about it if they're not prepared to book in advance. (First come first served) Lets face it you're only human and you've got a business to run. You can only do one job at a time. I say if they can't compromise lets see them carry out their threats...........they'll soon realise its the same any where they go.

And if it's not and there are plenty of bookings open for them else where, we need to ask ourselves why. Don't forget , you're busy now for a reason.............people love you for your work! And good for you.
All the best!

Thanx for your support! Yesterday i was feeling really bummed about this, but today i have to agree...if they don't book ahead then they'll just have to take whatever slot is available. I've just been having a bit of a hard time adjusting because I've been working for 2 years and now suddenly last month my workload nearly doubled! I figured it was just a freak month, but thankfully this month has been just as good, if not better. I've been praying for this but it's hard going from having loads of free time, to no time at all because i just can't seem to wind down at the end of the day. Guess i just have to work on learning to relax.

Latest posts

Back