School event taster treatments

SalonGeek

Help Support SalonGeek:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

pinknfluffy

Reaction score
I have been invited along to my first school summer fayre! Its at a secondary school, and its £5 for the table. I have read lots of posts on here, but they all recommend doing file and polish type sample treatments, however, as I know there is a local beauty salon also attending, I was thinking of demo of massage treatments (which the salon dont offer). I'm mobile.
I was thinking of offering 10 min sample neck and shoulder massage. I was going to have a banner with "take 10" made up, hopefully to spark interest.
I was also going to make little goodie bags up, with cards, flyers, a nail file, maybe a sample bottle of a relaxing aromatherapy blend massage oil (I'm qualified to do so). Do you think this sounds good? Or would you recommend just sticking to file & polish? Also, should I offer these for free or charge maybe £2.50 for massage?
I am still quite new, and my main aim is to just get my flyers etc out there!
Thanks in advance ;)

I think that'll go down great. From experience head/neck/shoulder massage goes down really well (I don't do it but the therapists that did were always really busy). Yes definitely charge a small fee.

Ps on your goodie bag you it might be an idea to include a flyer giving a discount on their first booking, hopefully that'll encourage them to book an appt.

Sounds really great and would go down a treat. Defiantly charge even if it just covers your goofy bag costs.

Also maybe do a small raffle for say £1 to win a full treatment eg massage seeing as thats what you are promoting.

I hope it goes well for you xx

It sounds great, but still do your other services too. Make sure you outdo the other salon. Have a sample size retail section too, handbag size polishes, moisturiser etc.... And have a friend or two turn up who will have a massage first to get the ball rolling, some people don't like to be first and once it's seen will try.
I know your thinking about the other salon and wanting to do what they won't, but copy every service they offer at the fair and add the ones you do that they aren't. X

definitely charge for your treatments, these events are a great way to promote your business but also a great little money earner! If the other salon dont offer massage then its great to push massage but just remember it wont be that relaxing a treatment with all the noise going on around so a quick head massage or like you said shoulder massage sounds great. if you dont want to do file and polish you could always offer hand treatments, a quick exfoliate with a hand massage maybe xx

Thank you all for the replies - I have taken your advice on board and will be charging £5 for a 15 minute massage treatment - this will hopefully at least cover my goody bags . I have also today arranged for my friend to come along so I can demo some other treatments on her (gel nails, brows etc) and have her as a kind of "promo girl" (she can sell ice to eskimos lol). Just got back from Beauty uk with loads of files and nail stickers to put in goody bags! As I'm mobile I don't yet carry sample stock etc so instead I think I will just decant into small bottles and have my promo friend getting them to smell/try a bit!
Thanks again, I'm nervous - but soo excited!

Latest posts

Back