Schwarzkopf Blondme Highlift vs Igora Highlift?

SalonGeek

Help Support SalonGeek:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

philipxxx

Reaction score
has anyone tried both the blondme highlifts and the igora highlifts which are better or are they the same

Last edited:
has anyone tried both the blondme highlifts and the igora highlifts which are better or are they the same
I think the blondme highlifts are a bit better, I use the steel blue and ice.

I think the blondme highlifts are a bit better, I use the steel blue and ice.
I got the steel blue today I can't wait to get regrowth now so I can try it , also I posted a few days ago about keeping peroxide strength , i pick up the blondme 12% to go with the steel blue but it was the old packaging will it till work also I know you should always use the same brand peroxide but if I was to use the blondme 12% with an igora 12 colour would it still works or do I have to use the igora 12%

I'm sure the peroxide with old packaging will be fine, is it new? I've never used the blondme developers with igora range I suppose it would be alright but as it's not the recommended developer the results might not be as good?!

I'm sure the peroxide with old packaging will be fine, is it new? I've never used the blondme developers with igora range I suppose it would be alright but as it's not the recommended developer the results might not be as good?!
Yer the peroxide is new I got it from my local wholesalers it's just the old packaging and I think I won't risk it with igora il just get the igora one

What's your natural base?

What's your natural base?
I'm a natural warm base 7 , in the igora 12 line which would you say neutralises the most warmth the 12-11 or the 12-2

I'm a natural warm base 7 , in the igora 12 line which would you say neutralises the most warmth the 12-11 or the 12-2

What do you usually use?

What do you usually use?
Well I was blue black colour removed it which took me to a coppery 7 then did full head bleach with 6% and did a pastel lilac that has faded and About a week ago I used Wella 12/81+12% on my regrowth so I would be blonde but with a shadow root effect ,so now I'm looking at trying highlifts from different brands to see which lift the best and give the best neutralisation

If your quite warm I'd use 12-2 maybe with a dab of 0-22. Cam you've been testing all the highlifts what do you find best?

If your quite warm I'd use 12-2 maybe with a dab of 0-22. Cam you've been testing all the highlifts what do you find best?
I might try 12-2 then , looking at the swatches the 12-11 looks really grey but would you say the 12-2 was strongest ash and is it similar to the steel blue ?

So far, KP 12/81 with a DOT of 0/28 has gotten me the coolest. 12/89 got me pure yellow so that was the brightest but definitely not the nicest. 12-2 with a few cm 0-22 was quite orangish yellow still, so 12/81 has been the best so far!

Have u tried the igora 12-11

Have u tried the igora 12-11

Nope but -1 is almost like a lilacish ash, much like the /9 in wella. -2 is a much denser blue. Why not try 12-2 and 12-11 mixed? With concentrate too

Not to mention... My hair is VERY warm, i can get max 2 shades of lift with highlift and 12%

It's a shame they don't do a 12-22

I always get concerned about adding tone boosters into highlifts as I'm worried it will reduce the amount of lift

I always get concerned about adding tone boosters into highlifts as I'm worried it will reduce the amount of lift

No cause you're only doing a few cm's.

Mfi would say 'adding special mix affects lifting power'

So far, KP 12/81 with a DOT of 0/28 has gotten me the coolest. 12/89 got me pure yellow so that was the brightest but definitely not the nicest. 12-2 with a few cm 0-22 was quite orangish yellow still, so 12/81 has been the best so far!
I must try 12/81 in kp. Ah that's dissapointing! I'm also going to try my own highlift experiments. I'll try kp what's the loreal new ones like?

Latest posts

Back