Schwarzkopf Igora Royal question

SalonGeek

Help Support SalonGeek:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

NIGHT OWL

Reaction score
Hi bit of a brain block going on ..
I have a client with bra length bleach highlighted hair who would like a few low lights of 8.87 (red copper) Igora royal...she is a base of 8...the bleach is used with 3% peroxide with 6% to the top section, I have only ever applied the bleach to her roots so therefore she has an equal mixture of highlighted and natural hair, the porosity is good...Would I be ok to run the 8.87 straight through with 3%?..x

Didn't know there was 8-87,
Do they have it in vibrance?
I'd be inclined to put some base in,

Hi bit of a brain block going on ..
I have a client with bra length bleach highlighted hair who would like a few low lights of 8.87 (red copper) Igora royal...she is a base of 8...the bleach is used with 3% peroxide with 6% to the top section, I have only ever applied the bleach to her roots so therefore she has an equal mixture of highlighted and natural hair, the porosity is good...Would I be ok to run the 8.87 straight through with 3%?..x

You should really use 6% to tone on tone color with the 8.87 on her natural base 8, but if your going to low light with 8-87 over some of her already highlighted hair, you could get away with 3% But remember if you are applying the 8.87 on the bleached parts, it will go extremely bright. So you should really mix 1 part base 8-0 with 2 parts 8-87 to avoid it going too bright.

:wink2:

Didn't know there was 8-87,
Do they have it in vibrance?
I'd be inclined to put some base in,

Yes, there used to be a 8-87, but I also thought they stopped it to.

Hi...thanks for your replies...have given Schwarzkopf a ring and they have indeed discontinued the .87 line...time for a new shade chart me thinks...they have advised me to to use 7.7 and a spot of .88 with 3% and as she has equal parts of bleach and natural hair it will be ok to use on it own. I will try to pick out mainly the natural hair if the odd strand of bleached hair gets coloured it would just be a little more vibrant but will be ok as i know my client wont mind this..x

7-7 is mega copper, is it copper she wants or more auburn?

7-7 is mega copper, is it copper she wants or more auburn?

Hi
she is really not that fussed anything between a copper and red as long as it shows up...she is also having 5.5 low lights so I would think the copper and gold would complement..x

have just done a stand test using just the 7.7 and it has come out more like a 9.87 which is the colour my client originally choose, I suggested the 8.87 not knowing it had been discontined..x

Last edited:
Just be careful if it goes on bleach will be true 7-7

I love 7-65 just now

7-65 is also my choice in thid situation. I alwats add base though.

Sent from my GT-S5830i

Since wev got a rare igora thread going, what toners are you using just now? Just ordered 91/2-49 for me considering full head bleach!

Also reviews on new lights??

Since wev got a rare igora thread going, what toners are you using just now? Just ordered 91/2-49 for me considering full head bleach!

Also reviews on new lights??

I've tried the fashion lights and next week I am highlighting half head foils using L 89 and flooding between the foils using 4-68 vibrance. She is a natural base 4 so the contrast should be excellent.

Regarding toners, I have used vibrance 9.5-1 and have also tried color gloss 9-1
Pleased with all results, although very porous hair can go too ashy, but if the client washes her hair every day or so, the ash will fade out anyway.

If using the Fashion lights always use the fashion light developer as it contains conditioning oils.

:wink2:

Post a pic please so I can see vibrancy, I normally use igora for toner love 9.5-1

I was gutted when they took 91/2-19 off the range.

Hence why I'm trying 9.5-49

Latest posts

Back