Schwarzkopf Igora

SalonGeek

Help Support SalonGeek:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

kimi1101

Reaction score
Hello.

I have a client who is 100% white and insists on only Schwarzkopf colour, however I use Wella (long story how I got her as a client!)

She is a base 8, when she came to me she had a card saying 8/0 and 8/45 and 20vol. She hates any warm. Anyway, I had 8/0 and 8/4 in salon by chance so went with that (as it turns out there isn't an 8/45 in igora and the /5 tone is gold from memory on the shade guide). At the moment, I am using 20g 8/0 and 40g 8/4 on her roots but it's still warmer than she'd like.

If I could use Wella on her hair, I could get it to where she wants. With Schwarzkopf, I just don't have the product knowledge. We need to include base to cover the grey, it's reasonably resistant and with her being a base 8, it can look slightly translucent.

Help me!

Thank you, kimi

I would use 8-00 6% if she is 100% white and resistant. The -00 series is used for white coverage and resistant hair,Schwarzkopf recommend 9%or6% depending on amount of white you need to cover. You could use this on its own without any tone. I can find an 8 warm on its own sometimes, you could ad some 8-1 like 15ml (which is cendre/silver) to cool it but it could grab to the white. -4 is beige in Igora royal. Personally I would try the 8-00 on its own, but then I can't see the head infront of me. Sorry, I hope I've helped a little.

Hmm now I want to know the story! How come she won't have wella?

Sent from my GT-I9505 using SalonGeek mobile app

She's just adamant that she needs Schwarzkopf.

Basically she went on my website and saw we stock Schwarzkopf products (retail) and then called and booked and then came in adamant she wanted Schwarzkopf so cos I had it by chance I did it and now I'm stuck forever lol

I would use 8-00 6% if she is 100% white and resistant. The -00 series is used for white coverage and resistant hair,Schwarzkopf recommend 9%or6% depending on amount of white you need to cover. You could use this on its own without any tone. I can find an 8 warm on its own sometimes, you could ad some 8-1 like 15ml (which is cendre/silver) to cool it but it could grab to the white. -4 is beige in Igora royal. Personally I would try the 8-00 on its own, but then I can't see the head infront of me. Sorry, I hope I've helped a little.

I agree, if it was me I would use 8-00. The beige for me is great for toning or darkening but when lifting it always seems to pull very warm.

Sent from my GT-I9300 using SalonGeek mobile app

Hello kim.

You don't nessasarily have to use just the natural base shades to cover grey with Igora Royal. You can also use the -1 and -4 shades on their own to cover grey. You could try the 8-4 shade on its own without 8-0

Also, if she is definitley 100% white, you can use 3% peroxide as you are only covering the white hair and not lifting. But you can use 6% if their is some natural hair colour in with the white.

As mentioned above, you can also use 8-1 with 8-0 if the warmth is still an issue. But if she is truly 100% white, the shades should turn out true to swatch. She may have underlying warmth on the mid lengths and ends from her previous colour.

The natural extra -00 shades for thick and resistant hair can turn out darker on fine hair and should only be used on thick hair. Use 6% oxidant on more than 90% white.

Haven't been on here for ages. Hope all is well with you and all the other geeks. :)

Latest posts

Back