Schwarzkopf to Wella

SalonGeek

Help Support SalonGeek:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

clare_bear

Reaction score
ok so am moving jobs in the new year, and am super duper with colours now, and pride myself in my technique. however my new job uses wella. i currently use schwarzkopf colours and have memorised every aspect of the range. when i was training i'd sit there and study the chart at lunch.

however wella seems soooooooo complicated. in schwarz if a colour is labelled something like 4.68 it is referred to as dark brown auburn red so the name refers to the individual tones. this doesnt seem the case in wella.

can anybody help me with the wella numbering? i just need to know the names of the tones. e.g in schwarz .1 is cendre, .2 is ash, .3 is matt, .4 is beige etc. i know it differs from wella. i have searched the net like crazy trying to find the tonal names for wella but to no avail.

any help wud be greatly appreciated

wella does usually say it in words somewhere,/1 is universal ash , /11 double ash ,3 is gold ,/4 is copper,/5 is magenta ,/ 6 is purple , /7 is warm brown tones (good for lo-lights),and /8 is pearl(blue based ash).
first number is primary tone second is secondary , eg , /34 is gold-copper as a pose to /43 which is copper gold .
Double numbers are more intense eg 66/56
Bases are as normal but eg. 77/0 have better coverage and double 00's eg.8/00 have more warmth .
Hope this helps have you tried looking at the wella professionals site?

You may need to talk to someone that used/ have used both because i beleive in wella a beige is /03 natural + gold , but i know that sme companys like to add ash to their beige so it may not be a direct comparison .
I think there is an article in tutorials about wella shade mixes by jrobinson which you may find useful .

Last edited:

Latest posts

Back