Scottish Nail Tech - winners!!

SalonGeek

Help Support SalonGeek:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

[email protected]

Reaction score
Hi everyone,

Just wanted to update you on Sunday's Scottish Nail Technician of the Year competition. We had 72 entrants competing over the one day, so it was a very busy competition and the judges were certainly kept on their toes!

A big thanks to Kinetics Professional Nail Systems and Associated Beauty Therapists for supplying the prizes, and to Denise Wright and her team for putting the competition together. Also, to the judges who gave their time and expertise for free. I'll try and post some pics when they come back from the photographer.

Certificates will be posted out asap!

So the winners were:

Top Tech L&P
1st Angela Adam
2nd Gemma Lambert
3rd Josephine DeNardo

Top Tech Gel
1st Agnieska Dopierata
2nd Claire Johnston
3rd Danielle Duncan

Top Tech Nail Art
1st Vikki Taylor-Dodds
2nd Svetlana Kopytova
3rd Louise Huggard

Top Tech Newcomer
1st Debbie Affleck
2nd Corrie Wightwick
3rd Malgorzata Kunc

Salon Nail Art Challenge
1st Svetlana Kopytova
2nd Gaynor McKenna
3rd Anna Kesiak

Salon Nail Challenge
1st Rebecca Boyes
2nd Gemma Lambert
3rd Josephine DeNardo

Top Tech Photographic
1st Gaylor McKenna
2nd Kirsty Lund
3rd Svetlana Kopytova

Student Nail Challenge
1st Sarah Pearson
2nd Michelle Clark
3rd Louise Richardson

Make the date in your diary for next year's competition - Sunday 10th May 2009!

Best wishes
Melissa x

I've took note of that date......will probably forget by the time though!!!.....:green:x

CONGRATULATIONS TO ALL THOSE WHO PLACED AND A BIG WELL DONE TO ALL THOSE WHO ENTERED! xxx

Well done to all the geeks who placed :hug:

Will we get to see some pics of thier work?

A big congrats to all
Also my 3 wee students
who were placed
10th 4th and 3rd well done
well done to all who enterd keep up the fab work

I just wanted to say a BIG thankyou to everyone on here for well....the best advice anyone can give really lol.
Also a really really BIG thankyou to sweet squared for all their help and support throughout the last few days before the competition, I really think i couldnt of done it without them!

Gigi, you have a fantastic team in Leeds and i love them to bits lol.

I came 2nd place for the student section, so now im going to work my damn hardest to keep improving and hopefully making something of my career and who knows next time i might just be lucky enough to come first!
It was a very stressful time but once there it flew straight over the shoulders and i loved every minute of it (apart from when one of the tips fell off and i had to start all over again which put my time back a lil, but it was the 1st time i had used them so i think i did ok!!!)
I would stress to anyone who has ever thought about entering to make sure you do it, you might feel like your not ready but hey...its deffo worth a try!

And....just think ladies, gents....more chance to do some shopping!

Love to all

Michelle xx

well done everyone! a BIG congrats to u all!
cant wait to see the pics!! :lol:

Hi Guys, I was lucky enough to come 1st in top tech newcomer (yippeeeeee). I dont have a single picture of my work though. My model had to cancel the night before (nightmare) so my model was someone i didnt know and am not likely to see again. In all the excitement i forgot to take her pic.

A big well done to you all they all look amazing.xxxxxxx

Hi ,
I had a 1st place in gel category on the scottish nail competition this year in Edinburgh.
Just make sure i will have my name and surname right on certificate becouse on the winners list isn't spell right.
So should be ;
AGNIESZKA DOPIERALA
And i will be more than happy if you could sent me some photos from competition.
Many thanks,

Kind regards,

Agnieszka Dopierala

well done to every one, some new names out there 2 !

Latest posts

Back