Sculpted gel enhancements

SalonGeek

Help Support SalonGeek:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

Peppy

Reaction score
Hi just wondered what procedure other techs follow when doing gel enhancements as all videos only show demos on one nail only...

I do mostly gel enhancements with Gelish overlay rather then French. I do all the prep, add forms, do a thin base layer, cure then pinch, then a thicker final layer.

What I'm struggling with is how many nails do you do at once? I've been doing one nail at a time but seems to be taking a long time. Do you do all the base layers then a couple of nails at a time or any other methods?

I do the separate stages on all finger at one time. So prep them all, then put forms on all then do first layer on all and so on. But I would do one hand first because then the client always has a free hand to scratch her nose etc..:biggrin:

Hi just wondered what procedure other techs follow when doing gel enhancements as all videos only show demos on one nail only...

I do mostly gel enhancements with Gelish overlay rather then French. I do all the prep, add forms, do a thin base layer, cure then pinch, then a thicker final layer.

What I'm struggling with is how many nails do you do at once? I've been doing one nail at a time but seems to be taking a long time. Do you do all the base layers then a couple of nails at a time or any other methods?

LOL you must have been reading my mind, I was going to ask this question too!

I've been doing prep on all, both hands. Then i put a form on one finger and do base layer, free edge and while thats curing i then put a form on a finger on the other hand, base layer, free edge then cure and i try and swop hands as i go.

Dunno if i'm doing it the right way or the best way tho! :o

Oooh, sorry GEL sculptures, sorry I read it wrong, yes I do the same as Claire.:biggrin::biggrin:

I prep all nails the. Put forms on one hand, and do the base layer on that hand. Then I do two thicker layers on each nail but cure obviously in between. Then I take off the forms and file to shape not actually touching the top of the nail yet or doing any buffing. Then I put forms onto the other hand and do the same. Then I file and buff all nails into shape and then either paint or put gelpolish on top. I hope this all makes sense. I find doing it this way means that like the other person has said that the client has at least one free hand from the forms.

I don't know what the heck I do, I just do it. I'm rubbish at explaining, I'd never make an Educator:rolleyes: basically whatever seems good to do at the time, but that doesn't help you either:o

Latest posts

Back