Sculpted Nails

SalonGeek

Help Support SalonGeek:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

showson

Reaction score
Hi Geeks

I did my first set of sculpt nails on a client yesterday in pink and white l&p and they turned out ok. i somehow prefer to do sculpt nails than tips i don't know why i just do. But when i put the white onto the sculpting form to form the white tip my white just seem to run every where, so i tried to do a little drier and then it seem to be to dry !!!. i was using ez flow powders as i really like them. Is there is away of getting white powder to ratio as i never seem to get it right. I was pleased with the smile lines that i created for my first attempt but know that they still do need a little work ( i have posted a piccie of them on my profile).

Also do other geeks use the re-usable sculpting forms of the dispossable ones, i use the dispossable ones but was thinking about investing the re-usuable ones.

:)

I use different types of sculpting forms depending on the result I want for the client.

I have to say that phrases like .."they were OK" or "not too bad" means that you really think that they were not that good. I've had a look at the nails and I agree that they could be improved. The whites are out of proportion and also too wide for the nail plate on which you were sculpting.

You may not like tips, but because you have used so much white when sculpting zone 1, you have in fact distorted the true shape of the nail and produced a fan shaped nail instead of a sleek natural looking nail.

The smiles do need work but it will come with more perfect practice.

Please take all comments in the spirit in which they are posted .... you won't improve if you do not get proper feedback.

Hi there Showson :)

I agree with Geeg, good for a first attempt but you seem to be just a tad too wide with the white on the width and it does make them look fan shaped. Also, while your smile lines aren't too bad, there is a bit of inconsistency in the size of the white tips on each finger.

Keep practising hun :) the more you do the better you get! I much prefer sculpting to tipping just purely because I find it's less faff!

Sarah. xx

Thanks Geeg for your comments and i totally agree with you. I only passed in May this year so still do have alot to learn.

I found that with the white that i put some on then added a little more and before you know it the tip got really thick.

Do you use the curce sticks when you are scultping to bring the the side walls and to help create the c curve ?

Thanks Geeg for your comments and i totally agree with you. I only passed in May this year so still do have alot to learn.

I found that with the white that i put some on then added a little more and before you know it the tip got really thick.

Do you use the curce sticks when you are scultping to bring the the side walls and to help create the c curve ?

I don't use sticks I use brush technique and I never ever pinch .. with the right brush technique you don't need to and it is much quicker to learn brush technique than to stop and wait for the right moment to pinch which can be painful and which I would never do in the salon (this is a competition trick for those who can't manage to make a good c-curve with a brush).

Just try filing them in a bit.
I use re-usable forms all the time i love them but sometimes i find after ive done free edge i hve to take them off to do the apex as the metal wire gets in the way

i think your web site is very good and your nail art is lovely, i use ezflow and they do take a bit of getting used to i wipe my brush twice gently in the middle and place and wait for 3 secs and that seemed to of helped mex have you started experimenting with there glitter collections? sarahx

Latest posts

Back