sculpting a flat thumb nails - advice please

SalonGeek

Help Support SalonGeek:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

pippadoodle

Reaction score
I had real problems trying to get a form to fit on a wide flat thumb nail today, didnt help as the client is not able to bend her thumb due to a disability as she calls it.

I wish now I had have tipped it, as was not happy with the overall result. I did explain to my client, I wasnt entirely happy and would remove it. However, she was more than happy as she has never had length on it before.

She had a natural nail overlay with just 2 nails sculpted to make them all the same length.

Any advise on where I could improve would be greatly appreciated.

:hug: xx

To get a snug fit of the form on a flat nail, you have to taylor it. I don't know which forms you use but most have marked guides for tayloring,. In this case instead of an oval shape where the form is placed under the free-edge, cut it to a square shape.

It is hard to explain and a 1-2-1 with your educator would probably explain it better. Sorry if I have confused you x

Thank you Chris, no you explained it very well, I will be looking for flat thumbed models now, as I want to have another go. xx

Thank you Chris, no you explained it very well, I will be looking for flat thumbed models now, as I want to have another go. xx

karen its easy peasy mate ...when you know how!

What forms you using? As chris said ..pre - tailor it.....pop out the middle bit of the form (if its a creative form) and cut it to fit.

if u want me to show you or mail you a pic - SHOUT!

amb xxx

Hi Minkus,

would it be possible for you to mail me a pic of this pretty please! It is something i have never been able to work out how to do properly, but would like to, as my mum & sister both have large wide thumbs, too large for a size 1 tip.

I use Creatives forms btw!

Thanks very much x

karen its easy peasy mate ...when you know how!

What forms you using? As chris said ..pre - tailor it.....pop out the middle bit of the form (if its a creative form) and cut it to fit.

amb xxx

Hi Minkus,

would it be possible for you to mail me a pic of this pretty please! It is something i have never been able to work out how to do properly, but would like to, as my mum & sister both have large wide thumbs, too large for a size 1 tip.

I use Creatives forms btw!

Thanks very much x
Amber, please would you post a pic in the gallery/post - I for one would benefit from it as plenty of others would as well :green: mwah in advance :lol:

Thanks very much, that is loads of help! Really appreciate that.

first pic is a normal CND form.

Middle pic is for square c curve / flat nails

right pic is for long nail bed but no side wall.

HOPE IT HELPS:cry: not confuses!!!! it works for me !!

http://www.salongeek.com/gallery/showimage.php?i=6032&c=2

amb xx

What did I say earlier, my little mentor...mwhaa, thanks so much, I struggled so much to get it to fit, never been shown this...hey Amb, you should start a business giving one to ones mate, I provide the Vino you provide the tutorials, mind you have to stay sober!!! Thank you:hug: :hug:

What did I say earlier, my little mentor...mwhaa, thanks so much, I struggled so much to get it to fit, never been shown this...hey Amb, you should start a business giving one to ones mate, I provide the Vino you provide the tutorials, mind you have to stay sober!!! Thank you:hug: :hug:

i need an l+p mentor .....SWAP YA

Latest posts

Back