Sculpting bitten nails.

SalonGeek

Help Support SalonGeek:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

brookeolenar

Reaction score
Who uses tammy taylor???I love her products.but in school I was taught to buff the shine off not make hills and valleys I was taught that destoyes the nail any kind of help..Also I have a nail biter and her nails are very very short no free edge what so ever and I cant seem to put a form on her I have to use tips because otherwise I get a ski jump or it doesnt look right is there something i'm doing wrong???

Last edited by a moderator:
There is nothing you are doing wrong (unless it is to use a 100 grit file to take those hills and valleys you mention off the nail plate :lol:).

Forms are impossible to fit smoothly on a cannibalised nail plate ... using tips is much easier. I always use tips on cannibals.

There is absolutely nothing 'wrong' or second class about using tips.

Unless you are an expert sculptor, the result is often much prettier when using tips.

Also you could try building up the nail bed with your liquid and powder first. Let it set, then apply the forms or tip. Its easier to blend your tip into the acrylic, then apply more L&P

there is a video clip by tammy taylor that teaches you to do a kind of reverse application on a nail biter.First apply zones 2 and 3 to slightly extend the nail bed and then fit your form under the new free edge and apply zone 1.Or check out the tutorial on this web site about how to customise tips to fit around the bulbous part of the finger to avoid the ski jump look.hth x

there is a video clip by tammy taylor that teaches you to do a kind of reverse application on a nail biter.First apply zones 2 and 3 to slightly extend the nail bed and then fit your form under the new free edge and apply zone 1.Or check out the tutorial on this web site about how to customise tips to fit around the bulbous part of the finger to avoid the ski jump look.hth x
great advice emma do you have any links for these so we could have a look?xx

Latest posts

Back