Sculpting bows over Shellac

SalonGeek

Help Support SalonGeek:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

curly girl

Reaction score
Hi, can't quite find the answer im looking for in previous threads.
I have a client on monday thats wants bows sculpted onto her shellac. Im worried they wont bond properly if sculpted directly on top of the shellac. I would prefer to sculpt on directly if possible because i prefer the look and find they don't stick out.
Has anyone tried this or is the general oppinion that bows that are sculpted off the nail and glued on more advisable?

I have sculpted small bows onto gelish before as they stayed on an the client was happy with them hope you can see the pic
My client is not one for bold colours and wanted something natural with a small and she emphasised the small bow ;) HTH

Attachments

• ImageUploadedBySalonGeek1348922660.973221.jpg
    ImageUploadedBySalonGeek1348922660.973221.jpg
    42 KB · Views: 236
They look lovely, I think I'll give it try then. I'm thinking of possibly sealing them under shellac top coat for extra durability. Not sure what type of bows she wants yet. Hoping to steer her away from the big stick out ones as i'm not fussed on them! :biggrin: I'll post an update of how it went and hopefully a pic if im hi-tech enough!

Latest posts

Back