Sculpting forms - high hponychiums

SalonGeek

Help Support SalonGeek:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

Becky_simon

Reaction score
Hi ladies

I know you can pre-Taylor your forms for each client but what do you do 'generally' speaking with clients who have high hyponychiums?

I myself have very high and irregular (by irregular I mean one side is higher then the other so not a perfect shape) hyponychiums on my thumbs, although I got the form in place it took me a million attempts and a lot of pre-tailoring especially on my wrong hand (god dam it lol).

Iv seen on Young Nails video that he snipped a 'v' shape to stop it digging in, would this work? Also on one rather then having a semi circular shape he made it square (a horizontal line flush up to hyponychium, would that work?

Many thanks in advance

If the form was going to be that difficult to fit and potentially uncomfortable for a client I would apply a tip instead.

If the form was going to be that difficult to fit and potentially uncomfortable for a client I would apply a tip instead.
I realise this but just wanted to understand the correct & most efficient way to achieve the best fit

U have to cut the v shape only this way u can put the form correctly

Latest posts

Back