Sculpting help

SalonGeek

Help Support SalonGeek:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

carend

Reaction score
Hi I have an annoying problem...i sculpted all my nails after cutting my natural nails off, but then after a few days i started to notice a crack appearing on one of my thumb nails-it was in aplace that wasn't that easily fixable so i just left it til it needed fixing,then removed the old sculpt and all the gel down to my natural nail so there was no trace of the cracked product left whatsoever...
so i figured it should b ok-but now 2 days later-it looks like its cracking again in the same place!!!
I can't think of why it would be doing it-apart from one thing,but i;m not sure if it'd b caused by this or not so i thought id ask u geeks for your advice
The thumb that the gel keeps cracking is the same one that i damaged a few months ago by bashing it with the coconut when tryin to crack it open...
Could this kind of trauma to the natural nail cause it to b doing this now???seems a bit far fetched to me....what do u guys think???:confused:
Its really annoying me as all the rest seem to b fine and the sculpts are the ones with the crushed shells and flowers so a bugger to remove and re-apply but the cracks not in a place where i could just file a V into it and pack with product.HELP ME PLEASE!!!!!!:lol:

where exactly is the crack? if its happened again you might not be applying enough product especially if its over a stress point area i don`t think its anything to do with you bashing it with a coconut! hth:)

Is the crack in zone 2? If so, maybe due to not builiding the stress area enough, especially if they are quite long sculpts. Other than that I'm stumpt:lol: I can't see that the damaged natural nail would cause the gel to crack....but then I could be wrong.:lol:

I would be inclined to think it's the stress area as well. I can't think of any reason why the natural nail would crack the gel.
If you think about it, nail biters who are severe biters manage to have sculpts with no natural nail underneath.. know what I mean?

Yeah i can see what ur saying-i really tried to build the stress area up more this time but maybe i still didn't get it quite right-just can't get why its only doin it on this nail and none of the others.....oh well back to the drawing board:hug: thanks for your help!xxxx

Latest posts

Back