Sculpting, my new nemesis!

SalonGeek

Help Support SalonGeek:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

Reaction score
Now I hate tips I hate applying and blending and I'm sure sculpting is more cost effective, but I wasn't taught it in my course and I've only tried it a few times myself and did a 1-2-1 with nsi which covered everything bit I'm still not confident with smile lines.

I'm using nsi winning white but I was taught to work quite wet and not to take the liquid out? Which is ok on paper (been doing practice sheets) but it's all lumpy bumpy when I try it on the forms.

Also when I trying to extend the nail in reverse using cover pink I think the acrylic is drying a bit to quickly for me to mould the perfect smile lines!

I'm just feeling exasperated and frustrated with myself!

Does anyone have any guidance at all, hints or tips or even details of a decent sculpting course? CND it seems don't have one? Is my only options 1-2-1?

On a conversion course CND touch on sculpting then you could do a skill building with them solely on sculpting or smile lines.
Do you have Gigi's book nail class? I've found that has helped me as a reference book with troubleshooting hth x

Harmony conversion. I have no idea about NSI, but working with the white, you certainly need it to be a little on the drier side of wet lol :)

Sent from my BatPhone using SalonGeek mobile app

On a conversion course CND touch on sculpting then you could do a skill building with them solely on sculpting or smile lines.
Do you have Gigi's book nail class? I've found that has helped me as a reference book with troubleshooting hth x

Hi Emma 84, no I don't have the book I have put of buying it because I'm a practical learner but I have read the tutorials here once so maybe I will buy the book!
I am booked into brisa gel conversion in two weeks and I intend to do the L&P conversion after this do you mind telling me:

Is the CND skill building class you mention done as a 1-2-1 or is it the forever French one?

Harmony conversion. I have no idea about NSI, but working with the white, you certainly need it to be a little on the drier side of wet lol :)

I think that's where I'm going wrong! I was taught not to take the liquid out of the bead but perhaps it's making it too wet!
Thank you xxx

I've never taken liquid out of the bead. Maybe I should try that. I usually (for white tip) draw the liquid out of the brush, barrel to flags one side, then belly to flags on the other. That may not be correct, but I seem to manage ok like this. I hate tipping with a passion, so I've tried hard to sort my sculpting xx

I've never taken liquid out of the bead. Maybe I should try that. I usually (for white tip) draw the liquid out of the brush, barrel to flags one side, then belly to flags on the other. That may not be correct, but I seem to manage ok like this. I hate tipping with a passion, so I've tried hard to sort my sculpting xx

Well if it gets you results!
I was taught slightly different ratio bit each brand is different!
I think I need to book onto one of the CND skill builders as a priority!

Hi Emma 84, no I don't have the book I have put of buying it because I'm a practical learner but I have read the tutorials here once so maybe I will buy the book!
I am booked into brisa gel conversion in two weeks and I intend to do the L&P conversion after this do you mind telling me:

Is the CND skill building class you mention done as a 1-2-1 or is it the forever French one?

You can choose you can do a 1-2-1 or a small group entirely up to you x

I would try Nsi's radiant white instead, they do a great sample pack....x

Latest posts

Back