Sculpting still driving me crazy!

SalonGeek

Help Support SalonGeek:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

jodie_glo

Reaction score
Hi Gals and Guys,

i am driving myself crazy with sculpting. ive had a few hiccups with it but in general im starting to love it! its not perfect YET but with a few hundred more hours of practise i think i might get there lol.

my main issue is having enough people to practise on - as with most new techs - so i bought myself a nail trainer so i could carry on practising on my willing family members and friends but also when theres no one around i can sit and do a few sculpts on my nail trainer.

this is where my problems start first of all i never have a problem fitting a form and i am struggling on the trainer. im tayloring them but i just cant seem to get it right! then when i get it fitted properly after much frustration and a few restarts i cant seem to keep it there. im using ezflow universal forms btw. i have not even attempted at applying my l&p as i know it will end in tears as the form just isnt right!

can anyone else please tell me any tips or advice for fitting and keeping the form on the nail trainer?
i know it must be possible as ive seen pictures of other peoples work saying things like first set of sculpts on the trainer!

thanks in advance
Jodie x x

Iv been doing sculptured nails, and though id do a course to refresh, and oicked the wrong course, now im stuck with it!! I thought id keeo my nail trainer to practice on, and Im finding the same, when putting on my own tips, even though you tailor them none of them seem to fit ;(
i hope you replys can help me too :)

Iv been doing sculptured nails, and though id do a course to refresh, and oicked the wrong course, now im stuck with it!! I thought id keeo my nail trainer to practice on, and Im finding the same, when putting on my own tips, even though you tailor them none of them seem to fit ;(
i hope you replys can help me too :)

do you mean you cant get the forms to fit or the tips to fit. tips i struggled with but there are loads of threads about trouble with tips so i did a search and got loads of help from others threads and now can appy tips to the trainer with no problem at all!

i did a search for sculpting forms on the trainer but couldnt seem to find anything! hopefully someone will be along shortly to help us! lol

Jodie x

do you mean you cant get the forms to fit or the tips to fit. tips i struggled with but there are loads of threads about trouble with tips so i did a search and got loads of help from others threads and now can appy tips to the trainer with no problem at all!

i did a search for sculpting forms on the trainer but couldnt seem to find anything! hopefully someone will be along shortly to help us! lol

Jodie x

I think the nail trainer is a bit of a bugger for fitting forms to!!! The one thing i could never practice on it was sculpting because the plastic finger nails are so flat and thick and the rubber finger tips are so large, the forms just dont fit correctly :( I know this doesnt help you much but just thought i'd let you know you're not the only one!!! :D

Ive never used the nail trainer but another cheap option is to use blu tak and cheap tips mayb e you will have better luk with that:D

I used to buy a pack of 100 tips from the dollar store and go crazy! lol. I also like the ones that already had the smileys and id follow the smile.

I bought a few of the practice fingers witht he lip so to speak at the free edge, meant to be for sculpting, they are ok I suppose, but have found them to be a tad small and again forms dont want to sit as well as on natural fingers, you can customise the forms for a better fir though, maybe trying something like this?? just added some pics of the practice fingers in my albulm if you fancy a look, small but managable?? hth x

I think the nail trainer is a bit of a bugger for fitting forms to!!! The one thing i could never practice on it was sculpting because the plastic finger nails are so flat and thick and the rubber finger tips are so large, the forms just dont fit correctly :( I know this doesnt help you much but just thought i'd let you know you're not the only one!!! :D

thanks that makes me feel better! i was getting extrmely fristrated with it tbh. i tried tayloring them but it was an absoloute nightmare lol. im convinced there must be a way though as im sure en do a whole course on sculpting using the nail trainer! god only knows how those people cope lol x

I bought a few of the practice fingers witht he lip so to speak at the free edge, meant to be for sculpting, they are ok I suppose, but have found them to be a tad small and again forms dont want to sit as well as on natural fingers, you can customise the forms for a better fir though, maybe trying something like this?? just added some pics of the practice fingers in my albulm if you fancy a look, small but managable?? hth x

just had a look at your photos you uploaded! you have some beautiful designs hun! i have got a couple of those fingers somewhere i will have to dig them out and give them ago instead. its such a shame i cant make them stick on the nail trainer as its nice to have a whole hand to do. i will have to make do with the practise fingers and round up some more live models! thanks for your help hun x

ebay do sets of the fingers in 5's & 10's ... ive just got some although theyre not great to sculpt on

Getting forms to stick to the trainer is a pain. they are actually supplied with metal, reuseable forms when you getthem from Essential Nails for coursework. They do stay on but getting a good fit is sooo difficult and there is not very much length to them either :(

Re-usable forms are easier to use on the Nail Trainer. :D

Latest posts

Back