sculptures or tips?

SalonGeek

Help Support SalonGeek:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
Reaction score
hi just started with bio sculpture products (liking them alot by the way!!!) but wanted to know if anybody eles who works with bio does much with actual sculptures and how do you get on with them? i've contacted all the surrounding salons that do bio but no one does the sculptures and will only do extensions with tips!!! is this the norm as i really want to do the sculptures but wonder if i'm wasting my time!!!

Hiya

I use bio but only for nat nail overlays...I don't find it strong enough for my clients over tips or with sculpts...but i do give it 10 out of 10 for natural nail overlays...after 3-4 infills you dont need the tips anyway as there own nails have grown with the added support from the gel.... i would say 70% of my clients are just that and love that they have there own nails..with just a little bit of help...lol...xx

Never liked the sculpting gel for sculpts myself,(not strong enough) although it as come in to its own to stregnthen a really damaged nail. Most of the time I either tip and overlay with clear or overlay on a natural nail. I find also that #bio pinks and french colours turn quite yellow after time but have found a very good preventative for this. try a layer of UV blocker then a good top coat like sech vite or the new heat curing top coat called Soleil (£4.10+vat from CreativeNail Design) it works fantastically and the Soleil topcoat keeps coloured enamel on for 10 days/7days plus if using french enamel.

thanks guys who's products would you use for sculptures as i really want to do these instead of using tips? maybe its my technique for appling tips but i always find i cause dryness and some damage to the nail!!!:rolleyes:

Hi there

De - hydration of the Nail Plate is essential to enhance adhesion of
product [either Gel or L&P ]

Replenish with a good cuticle and moisturizing hand cream after the service.

Damage to the Nail Plate on the other hand is not advisable.
Reassess your technique[filing].Cuticle work... and maybe seek out a workshop to troubleshoot weak spots...
They are great fun & worth the time & travel.

HtH

XX J XX

adele waterlily said:
thanks guys who's products would you use for sculptures as i really want to do these instead of using tips? maybe its my technique for appling tips but i always find i cause dryness and some damage to the nail!!!:rolleyes:
Maybe, no deffinately. you should visit the Creative Nail Academy for training in Liquid and Powder and Brisa Gel. I unless there is a reason why I should tip only ever sculpt. It sounds to me like your catching the nail plate with your abrasive when blending in tips. work away from the nail on blending a tip. tread very carefully and dont file aggressively, you can always clarify your ghost lines with a white bock buffer. pre blend the tip BEFORE adhering to the nail, that will save you having to do it when it's stuck on! you only buff the plate of the nail ONCE TO REMOVE SHINE. in the direction of the nail growth. buffing more than once REMOVES NAIL PLATE. Scrubfresh will temporarilydehydrate nail plate and keep it free from pathogens for up to half and scrub the nail for 4 seconds till squeeky clean. do try sculpting instead of tipping, it saves so much time and money and repairs are a doddle!:)

thanks so much will defo look at my tecnique! really do want to do the sculptures but find i'm very slow at them which is a little off putting when my client is sat there for three hours with a numb bum!!!! :rolleyes:

yes i will definatley look at my technique thanksfor the advise. The damage i am talking about is when the tips either have broken off and took layers of the nail plate with it or when a client has bent the nail and caused damage that way, i dont find you get this level of damage if they catch or trap a sculpturedo you?

Also whats putting me off sculptures is that i am so slow it is taking me about 3 hours to do a full set, and my ladies get such numb bums!!!! any tips to speed up my application? xxxx:eek:

adele waterlily said:
yes i will definatley look at my technique thanksfor the advise. The damage i am talking about is when the tips either have broken off and took layers of the nail plate with it or when a client has bent the nail and caused damage that way, i dont find you get this level of damage if they catch or trap a sculpturedo you?

Also whats putting me off sculptures is that i am so slow it is taking me about 3 hours to do a full set, and my ladies get such numb bums!!!! any tips to speed up my application? xxxx:eek:
I like to do sculptures rather than tips with bio as i dont think they ping off so easily. However, ive stopped using the silk in the sculpt as I think it gives a funny shape to the sculpt. I must admit i prefer overlays even on very short nails because i think its better for the client to get used to the length of the nail. Dont worry about time though-it will come!

Latest posts

Back