Second interview tonight!

SalonGeek

Help Support SalonGeek:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

Miss_janie

Reaction score
And trade test! I've been practicing all week and really trying to concentrate on aftercare and consultation. I think my treatments will be ok, and I'm trying to to worry myself to much.

My only question is, Do you think I should take a consultation card and after care forms? I always do this with my clients at the moment, both for insurance and to make sure they understand the aftercare. Or would this come across badly?

I'm actually really excited and I'll let you all know how it goes! It's a new spa in a hotel so they don't yet have any routines of their own, or any real idea of where they're planning on taking the spa and what treatments they want. I quite like this idea because its less nerve racking. The woman that is interviewing me is a trained beautician, and a friend of a friend so hopefully the nerves will stay away.

I dont see any harm on taking your consultation and aftercare as it shows how professional you are.

Good luck an let us know how you get on!

Thank you! I suppose I could always let her know I have them, and just ask what she'd prefer? I'm really excited! I'll let you know!

I'd do as you usually would, if they have the aftercare forms to take home that is a great reminder for clients!

Good luck with ur interview, I'm sure you'll do great :) xx

Thanks! I'm really starting to get excited. I've done a few extra things for her too, like including my insurance details and stuff. I'm really hoping this goes well!

I didn't get the job :( I asked for some feedback just so I knew where I went wrong and she said other than the pressure for the massage (she wanted it harder purely because they may have men in the spa) I did fine.

The reason I didn't get it was because there where other girls trained in Clarins, I'm not and as this is the product they want to use, it's understandable.

So I'm back to the drawing board. My sister keeps telling me to take out a business loan and open my own salon, but I don't want to get into debt when all I want to do is save for a house. That's shooting myself in the foot.

I'm starting to think a normal 9-5 is my only option :( why is beauty so frustrating!?

I didn't get the job :( I asked for some feedback just so I knew where I went wrong and she said other than the pressure for the massage (she wanted it harder purely because they may have men in the spa) I did fine.

The reason I didn't get it was because there where other girls trained in Clarins, I'm not and as this is the product they want to use, it's understandable.

So I'm back to the drawing board. My sister keeps telling me to take out a business loan and open my own salon, but I don't want to get into debt when all I want to do is save for a house. That's shooting myself in the foot.

I'm starting to think a normal 9-5 is my only option :( why is beauty so frustrating!?

Really sorry you didn't get the job. If you haven't worked in a salon before, I strongly recommend before going it alone, but it is very hard to get work.

Perhaps for starters apply for anything and everything, but keep beauty as your goal and keep applying whenever anything comes up. Intervies are never a waste. The next one won't be so bad, and hey, you will no doubt check how the pressure is for them the next massage you do!

I've worked in a few salons before so I understand how they work. I just think its a hiccup and I'll get on with it and find something I enjoy.

I am seriously considering doing a normal job and using the money to set up a little side line mobile business. I'm starting to think that would be my best option.

Thank you for your kind words. I always try to make sure the client is comfortable but I think nerves got the better of me in the end, which is a shame but I suppose that's just the way things go!

ahh sorry you didnt get your job but its a big world out there for beauty if your passionate then surely you wont give up.before i started working at the spa i emailed every salon around my area with my c.v and covering letter to say what training i would like to do and what thay would get from me in return,also research what products thay use before you send your emails to give yourself some insight,i asked them to keep me on there list if thay were holding any interviews anytime soon,determation goes a long way and the spa got in touch with me to offer me an interview and trade test a year ago.godd luch an keep smiling,it helps :Love:

I've had so many knock backs. I really like the idea of stability with a 9-5 and the added extra with mobile work. I'm in such an awkward position, I don't drive, I don't have much of a kit. We have money saved but that's going toward the mortgage.

I've tried a lot of salons but there are some many in my area, with so many newly qualified therapists that it's hard to get your foot in.

I just sound like I'm moaning now.

ahh sorry you didnt get your job but its a big world out there for beauty if your passionate then surely you wont give up.before i started working at the spa i emailed every salon around my area with my c.v and covering letter to say what training i would like to do and what thay would get from me in return,also research what products thay use before you send your emails to give yourself some insight,i asked them to keep me on there list if thay were holding any interviews anytime soon,determation goes a long way and the spa got in touch with me to offer me an interview and trade test a year ago.godd luch an keep smiling,it helps :Love:

This is really good advice. I too went through the phone book once and rang all the salons I knew. Got quite a few interviews from it actually. Only problem I had was that because I had mobile clients too, they were afraid of me stealing their clients. So just focussed solely on my own work from that point on.

I've had so many knock backs. I really like the idea of stability with a 9-5 and the added extra with mobile work. I'm in such an awkward position, I don't drive, I don't have much of a kit. We have money saved but that's going toward the mortgage.

I've tried a lot of salons but there are some many in my area, with so many newly qualified therapists that it's hard to get your foot in.

I just sound like I'm moaning now.

Every time you get knock backs, just dust yourself off and try again. Didn't realise you'd worked in salons before. Think it would be sensible to get a 9-5 job for time being if you are saving, but just keep on trying and applying and let us know how you get on! :lol:

Sorry to hear you didn't get the job! :(

I don't know I this would work for you. But when I couldn't get a job into beauty I decided to opt for working on Cruise Ships and that opened so many more doors for me when I return home. Had 6/7 interviews all really nice salons. It doesn't work out for everyone and not everybody likes it. It is a long time away from home, family and friends (boyfriend) but I went while I was with my hubby and were still together which is great :)

It may jut give you that bit more experience and Independence which some salons like. Good luck xxx

I don't think the other half would like the cruise ships and I get sea sick! Not to mention no passport,I'm just stuck!

You will just have to try stick it out then an find a salon suitable for you

Definately apply to some spas, even if it means travelling a bit to get to them.

I know that working in a spa isn't for everyone but they can be easier to get into than a salon due to the total ammount of employees that most big spas need to have on their team of therapists.

Latest posts

Back