Self employed accepting cards

SalonGeek

Help Support SalonGeek:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

AliG

Reaction score
Hi guys

Do any of you self employed geeks allow clients to use card payments?

How does this work and what is the cost? Thanks in advance x

Yes I do accept card payments and I rent a chip and pin machine for £19 per month found it online and went for best price. If your mobile you can use an izettle for iPhone (https://www.izettle.com/GB/?gclid=CMCk7Ozmq7MCFcrItAodwFkAEQ) a while ago they were doing free trials

Sorry to jump in on the thread but with these types of services, how do taxes work? Do they report your earnings or is it up to you to do it? Sorry, still getting familiar with these mobile apps that accept cards.
thanks

Thanks tranquility :) I might look into getting one I'm in a salon not mobile Hun... Where did u go to get it?

Sorry to jump in on the thread but with these types of services, how do taxes work? Do they report your earnings or is it up to you to do it? Sorry, still getting familiar with these mobile apps that accept cards.
thanks

I'm not sure about the izettle as I've never used it, and i got mine from world pay . Co. uk

I wouldn't be without my card machine. I was a bit dubious in the beginning but im so glad i got one. I'm with carsdsave.

Thanks guys :)

Forgive my ignorance but how do I go about it I'm clueless!

i use one quite a lot... to be honest if i go into a shop for example and they dont have a card machine im miffed, like many of my clients i very rarely carry cash. If i know somewhere doesnt have a machine i avoid it. i think its a must have these days, prevents people from saying oops ive no cash left... i'll call back tomorrow etc...

I'd rather have one too! What's the rough cost? And time it takes to get one? Xx

Latest posts

Back