Self tanning for men

SalonGeek

Help Support SalonGeek:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

Perry_Althair

Reaction score
Hey guys, just popped over from hair to ask for professional recommendations of self tanning products for men.

ive used the odd moisturiser with hint of tan before but the concept does scare me (dont wanna look orange lol)

Im fairly pale and quite freckly so i really want something as natural as possible, i dont really know where to start looking so i thought id ask you guys...i worked in a salon for 2 years and on the beauty side they used st tropez and it seemed to go down a hit with everyone, including men...and i know it reacts with the melanin in your skin so will only take you to a colour that you'd go naturally in the sun (although im thinking that wont apply to me as i go pink :D)

is this the brand to go for do you think?

(sorry if i should have posted this in consumer queries, but i thought id try my luck here as not many geeks check them lol)

Ta guys x

Hey guys, just popped over from hair to ask for professional recommendations of self tanning products for men.

ive used the odd moisturiser with hint of tan before but the concept does scare me (dont wanna look orange lol)

Im fairly pale and quite freckly so i really want something as natural as possible, i dont really know where to start looking so i thought id ask you guys...i worked in a salon for 2 years and on the beauty side they used st tropez and it seemed to go down a hit with everyone, including men...and i know it reacts with the melanin in your skin so will only take you to a colour that you'd go naturally in the sun (although im thinking that wont apply to me as i go pink :D)

is this the brand to go for do you think?

(sorry if i should have posted this in consumer queries, but i thought id try my luck here as not many geeks check them lol)

Ta guys x

Hi, I am very pale myself and used to get the St Tropez tan and loved it. Looks so natural. This was done manually but no one does this anymore where I live as the spray tan has taken over. I've heard the st Tropez spray tan is lighter than manually applied but don't know this for sure. I have just started doing the spray tan and currently using Fresh Indulgence. I sprayed myself with the 9% and it's a great colour on me. I also think the nouvatan 8% would be ideal for paler skin. If there are salons near you that offer st Tropez then give it a go. You will not be disappointed hth:) x

Hi, I am very pale myself and used to get the St Tropez tan and loved it. Looks so natural. This was done manually but no one does this anymore where I live as the spray tan has taken over. I've heard the st Tropez spray tan is lighter than manually applied but don't know this for sure. I have just started doing the spray tan and currently using Fresh Indulgence. I sprayed myself with the 9% and it's a great colour on me. I also think the nouvatan 8% would be ideal for paler skin. If there are salons near you that offer st Tropez then give it a go. You will not be disappointed hth:) x

Hey thanks for your reply!

The only problem is I'm looking for a product to do myself as I don't think my funds will stretch to a weekly spray tan lol

Would you still say their self tanning products would be the way to go?
C

Hey thanks for your reply!

The only problem is I'm looking for a product to do myself as I don't think my funds will stretch to a weekly spray tan lol

Would you still say their self tanning products would be the way to go?
C

Before I started spray tanning I had recently started to use St. Moritz mousse. Lovely colour not too dark and is very cheap compared to the Tropez. You should buy a bottle and try it on a part of your body before applying all over. It comes in light and dark so maybe start off with the light. If applying to face, it may be better to shave first. I even got away with using the dark but started with the light first just to make sure:) x

Nouvatan do a tan in a can, if you go on the website www.nouvatan.co.uk you can get the telephone number & give them a ring direct, I'm not sure how much it would cost you if you aren't qualified in spray tanning? I'm not sure if you'd have to pay rrp price or the price us qualified tanners pay.. not entirely sure on that one.

best thing to do would be to give them a call & they'll advise you, they are really helpful x

Thanks for your help guys!

Latest posts

Back