Semi permanent lash extensions

SalonGeek

Help Support SalonGeek:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

the nail fairy

Reaction score
:hug: Hello!!

Does anyone do Lash extensions?
If so, could you please let me know what Lash Company you have gone with.. ( and in your own opinion why you like the comapny you chose.)

I have looked into a few companies, ( I want to provide my clients with the best on the market) Some say the lashes last 2-3 weeks, and some say that they will last up to 4-6 weeks.. I know that they will shed with your own lashes.

I have looked into Everlash, Butterfly, and extreme..

Sincerely;
Janet:hug:

hi janet im a trainer for lash fx i originally did my training with with lash perfect and to be honest with you there training kitts were very poor for the price and the training was basic.

we have set our own kitts up which i feel are much better.

as for the length of time the lash lasts to be honest when you first start the glue you use is slow drying and less irritant so you can get the application right but by the time you have done your case studies you are ready to progress onto stronger glue which dries very quickly and lasts a longer time i would say upto for weeks.

i do very natural lashes but the longer and heavier the lash on the naural lash the quicker they usually fall out!!

if you have any questions please pm me i can send you out some of our information were very competative and also im her on hand to help our students.

hope this helps

p.s what i would say is no matter who you go with practise is the key!!

:eek::eek::eek::eek:

Awwww.. come on you guys!! there must be more than one person who does lash extensions!!

Please won't you help me out?? I want to make a good decision, and I would like a little more help!!:hug:

I do them hun and i also teach this treatment,
i teach the Flirties lashes which are from the same company that do Tantrick spray tanning,
we promote ours as lasting up to 2 months, the natural eyelash has a life span of 45 to 90 days and as you have said yourself when the natural lash falls out so does the extension that is fitted to that lash hence the need for top up appointments,
most of the products are pretty much the same, the glue can differ largely between companies and you need one that uses a medical grade glue,
then it is the expertise of training that you need to look for and the after care,
i am always at the end of the phone or a email for all my students no matter how long ago they took their training with me, as are the rest of our trainers,
the sizes of kits can vary too but i am happy with the kits that we provide hth,
you know where i am hun if you have any more questions :hug:

:hug: Thanks so much for the information that you have given me..
I have been in contact with a dist/trainer for the Butterfly lashes, and their glue is a medical grade quality. They also have a one day course, ( with a model) and I would also have to provide them with pictures of 10 sets of lashes, before I would recieve a certificate.

Do you think that is adequate?

Sincerely;
Janet

:hug: Hello!!

Does anyone do Lash extensions?
If so, could you please let me know what Lash Company you have gone with.. ( and in your own opinion why you like the comapny you chose.)

I have looked into a few companies, ( I want to provide my clients with the best on the market) Some say the lashes last 2-3 weeks, and some say that they will last up to 4-6 weeks.. I know that they will shed with your own lashes.

I have looked into Everlash, Butterfly, and extreme..

Sincerely;
I do everlash at my salon and find they last 3 weeks max, they then start to look messy and need to be removed with solvent if they haven't already dropped off. I believe that the other longer lasting lashes ( 2 months? )are attached with a different type of glue . . they sound great and you can charge a lot more for them as they take so much longer to apply, but one word of warning - a client of mine had them done and had a bad reaction to the glue as she is allergic to latex which was in the glue and which the therapist hadn't mentioned to her.

:hug: Thanks Tog!!!

I really appreciate you taking the time to respond to my post..
Also for the heads up on the adhesive glue.. ( allergic reaction)

This is why I am trying to find out as much as I possiby can, Especially working with the eye area!!

Also.. I was wondering if you also have to have special insurance for this, or is this covered under my Esthetics insurance that I already have??

Sincerely;
Janet

I would read all the small print in your policy and if you are not sure then call them for clarification, you know what these ins companies can be like and you can never be too careful. Even if you have to pay a bit more on your premium it will probably be peanuts in the scheme of things.
I would love to know which course (if any) you decide to do. . .maybe you could PM me and let me know how you got on once you've done your training?
All the best anyway x

:hug: Thanks once again!! Tog!!

I will let you know which company I go with.. I will be making my decision in the next couple of weeks!!

Sincerely;
Janet
the nail fairy:hug:

i recently trained with extreme lashes, its the same idea, 1 day training and then send away 5 clients before and after pics. i`ve only done 3 sets so far. i have never done lashes before so i dont have anything to compare with.(although i know it is a medical grade glue):|

i recently trained with extreme lashes, its the same idea, 1 day training and then send away 5 clients before and after pics. i`ve only done 3 sets so far. i have never done lashes before so i dont have anything to compare with.(although i know it is a medical grade glue):|

:hug:I have heard that Extreme Lashes were very good!
I have been in contact with them, but they have nobody coming to my area until next year!! and I don't want to wait that long..

P.S.
When you are doing the lash extensions, do you find it very meticulous?
and how long does it take you?

Sincerely;
Janet

Hi There,

I have recently trained in eyelash extensions using Nouveau Lashes. To start with they appear to be fairly time consuming, I'm pretty slow but I think that's only because I'm not used to the technique. I'm getting quicker with practice. Nouveau also use the medical grade glue.

One advantage to Nouveau that I have found, particularly in the early stages whilst I am still learning - I currently can get about 20 lashes per eye on in 2 HOURS!! BUT they do the Y-lash which is basically 2 lashes joined into one at the base. Whilst I am still slow, they are making my lashes look twice as thick!

Hope that helps.

Jenni
x

:hug: Thanks so much for the information that you have given me..
I have been in contact with a dist/trainer for the Butterfly lashes, and their glue is a medical grade quality. They also have a one day course, ( with a model) and I would also have to provide them with pictures of 10 sets of lashes, before I would recieve a certificate.

Do you think that is adequate?

Sincerely;
Janet

This is pretty much standard and most people ,with a little practise ,get the hang of this procedure within this time frame.

Good luck and remember "practise makes perfect :hug:"

Hi There,

I have recently trained in eyelash extensions using Nouveau Lashes. To start with they appear to be fairly time consuming, I'm pretty slow but I think that's only because I'm not used to the technique. I'm getting quicker with practice. Nouveau also use the medical grade glue.

One advantage to Nouveau that I have found, particularly in the early stages whilst I am still learning - I currently can get about 20 lashes per eye on in 2 HOURS!! BUT they do the Y-lash which is basically 2 lashes joined into one at the base. Whilst I am still slow, they are making my lashes look twice as thick!

Hope that helps.

:hug: Thanks so much Jenni, for the info that you have given me.
I really appreciate it!

P.S. Do you also enjoy doing the lash extensions?

Sincerely;
Janet

:hug: Thank you Collin!!

One more thing... I have been more concerned in finding the right company, that uses the best medical grade adhesive, But should I be concerned about finding the best Lashes ( the quality?) or are they all about the same???

Thanks again

Hi,
Do you have any idea what the glue is called that keeps lashes on for longer?? I've been disappointed with the length of time lashes are lasting and maybe I could get some stronger glue???

Thanks

I have been doing lashes since the start of 2008. I choose Xtreme Lashes. The cust service is Wonderful, the products are Amazing, and they want you to succeed and be the very best you can. The other night I ran out of undereye pads and called them up because I was having a hard time using the paper tape to hold down the bottom lashes. The gal on the phone walked me through every step! I have tried a lot of different companies and spent A LOT of money and I feel that Xtreme Lashes is the best. ( at least for me) My client are going 3-4 weeks between touch-ups and they are coming in with 40-50 lashes per eye still on!

I've been using 3d lashes for the last 3 years or so. They are good, tend to find they last around 4-6 weeks before coming out completley. Clients are better off with 2/3 weekly top ups depending on how much of a fiddler they are. I'm looking to go mobile next year and want a better lash supplier. I like the glue i get, the alshes are fine but would like more choice. I'm looking into lash perfect, but would like to know any ones expereience of the glue? I use a very fast setting glue just now (2-3 secs) and will not compremise this.
cheers!!

I use novalash and they are fab!!! Trained in Glasgow with lovebeauty who were the distributors They no longer do this and i have to go through Ireland.
Quite pricey and time consuming but the effect is amazing & as said practice makes perfect.
xx

I use novalash and they are fab!!! Trained in Glasgow with lovebeauty who were the distributors They no longer do this and i have to go through Ireland.
Quite pricey and time consuming but the effect is amazing & as said practice makes perfect.
xx

Hi There!:hug:
Thanks for the info.. can you please tell me how long your lashes last on a client??

Sincerely;
Janet
:hug:

Latest posts

Back