Semi permanent make up numbing cream

SalonGeek

Help Support SalonGeek:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

faye_g

Reaction score
Hi can anyone help me, one of my therapists has just trained with Nouveau Beauty Group 3 weeks ago and numbing cream was out of stock, and is still out of stock. She has lots of case studies booked in and can't do any of them. Can anyone recommend us a company for numbing cream so we can order. Any help would be appreciated :p

Any help anyone?? Any reputable websites to buy from she really wants to start case studies asap xx

It's called Emla cream I think. You can get a prescription from your doctor for it.

Creams are available in the chemists. They can get the hump a bit when you tell them what u want it for but they have to sell it.

I think you're friend is talking about Tag 45 which you can't buy over the counter. There was a ban on it here in the UK but it's all a bit vague.

Try another company such as Finishing touches. There was someone on here that sells it so hopefully they'll read this thread.

Hi the medicines act prohibits the sale of prescription only anaesthetics which for semi permanent make up can be a problem. The act also prohibits the advertising of prescription only products.

Most SPMU companies sell it for this use but are unable to put it on thier online shops in the UK.

Contact Adorn or finishing touches they will be able to help. You can't buy emla it's a prescription only medicine.

You can't buy emla it's a prescription only medicine.
Sorry to correct you but that's not so. It can be bought legally over the counter in any chemist in the UK. I bought some only last week.

Emla is ok. You can get it from some online chemists without prescription

I know this thread was some years ago. But I tried to buy emla cream from boots pharmacy and when no told them what it was for they would not sell it to me. This is frustrating. Did anyone manage to find a UK seller of the cream? I'd be interested to know. Thanks

I bought Elma two weeks ago at my local little chemist £3 odd

I bought Elma two weeks ago at my local little chemist £3 odd

Thank you, did they ask you what you wanted it for? Are you a technician so regularly purchase or was you having the microblading done yourself?

No, I’m not but I will be training in the future. I said I was about to have my lips done and needed numbing there was no issue whatsoever the cream was in the back of the shop not accessible to normal folk.

A girl who overheard (customer) said she used it herself and for her child for jabs so I think it’s easy to get hold of.

Elma is a 'P' medicine, which means it's a behind the counter medicine, like solpadine or Nurofen plus. You may be asked who it's for, why you want it and other questions relating to your reason for using it but as it is licensed for use as a topical anaesthetic for say injections, blood tests, wart removal etc, there is no reason why, if you are wanting it for the right reason, that you can't buy it. I used to work in a pharmacy and some are stricter than others with their questioning.

I wanted it for my clients for microblading and was refused it

I was told at my training to get the client to buy the cream and put it on themself at home so that is what I have been doing. They have managed to get hold of it with no problems but I think the chemist would be reluctant to sell it to you if you are applying it on to someone else x

Latest posts

Back