Sensationail Gel Polish

SalonGeek

Help Support SalonGeek:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

AimeeB88

Reaction score
Has anyone used this on their clients?

I've got a few colours in that brand that I've used on myself at times just because at one point asda we're selling them for a fiver each but I wouldn't offer them to my clients. I stick to the same brand that I buy from Sally's

Wouldn't use it but just curious to know - how does it perform?

It works really well for me, long lasting and a great shine!! I bought it when it was on offer in Boots over Christmas.

Only niggle is removal can be a bit fiddly if not soaked in acetone long enough.

Are you a nail tech, and if so, can I ask why you chose to buy this product?

Are you a nail tech, and if so, can I ask why you chose to buy this product?

I bought it for personal use but I've recently completed a mani & pedi diploma (just waiting for my certificate to arrive) but still unsure whether to offer any treatments or not, my local area seems so saturated of beauty/nail technicians.

I bought it for personal use but I've recently completed a mani & pedi diploma (just waiting for my certificate to arrive) but still unsure whether to offer any treatments or not, my local area seems so saturated of beauty/nail technicians.

Two of my fellow level 2 students have bought this (before they started) just for home use. I was surprised to see how much it costs, I thought it would be much cheaper.

If you do go on to offer nails, I would choose a pro brand (I use gelish).
You will have price problems if your clients can see what you have paid for your goods too, so bear that in mind.

Two of my fellow level 2 students have bought this (before they started) just for home use. I was surprised to see how much it costs, I thought it would be much cheaper.

If you do go on to offer nails, I would choose a pro brand (I use gelish).
You will have price problems if your clients can see what you have paid for your goods too, so bear that in mind.

Thanks for the feedback.

I've. Just bought the CND Vinylux Forbidden collection to try on myself as I've heard these are very good and easy removal.

SensatioNail is a consumer product sold through Wal-Mart and drug stores here in the USA. It is not professional product.

Sensationail uses a combined base and top coat which doesn't work all that well and requires the use of a primer. Also, the Sensationail kits contain no moisturizer (Solar Oil, Nourish, etc.) and don't offer that as aftercare. They also advise removal by soaking in acetone for 15 minutes! Some of the colors are lovely, (although nothing a pro line doesn't have) and could be used in conjunction with Gelish base and top. Between the primer, acetone and no moisturizer, anyone who uses the Sensationail system according to its instructions is going to have very dry and breaking nails.

Thanks for the feedback.

I've. Just bought the CND Vinylux Forbidden collection to try on myself as I've heard these are very good and easy removal.

Vinylux is awesome but bear in mind this is a polish not a gel/hybrid polish so not compatible in that respect.
Good luck :)

Latest posts

Back